Memories (Ashok)

"I'm so nervous," Neha said. "What if we mess up?"

"We won't mess up," Ashok said confidently. "We've been practicing for months. We're going to be great."

Neha smiled. "I hope you're right."

As this all memories flashed infront of Ashok he couldn't bear the loss of Neha, why God let them meet again and again through an event and then again take her back, is this what he has to face?

Ashok's world had crumbled. The apartment, once filled with laughter and love, was now silent, echoing with the painful absence of Neha. The day after her parents had abruptly taken her away was one of the hardest days he had ever faced.

The morning sunlight filtering through the window held no warmth for Ashok. He moved through the apartment like a ghost, his steps heavy with the weight of loss. He couldn't bear to look at the empty space where Neha's things had been, so he wandered aimlessly, each corner of the apartment a painful reminder of her absence.

He had tried to sleep, to find peace in dreams, but every time he closed his eyes, he saw her, and the nightmare of losing her replayed in his mind. It was a feeling of helplessness, a void that seemed impossible to fill. In the living room, he picked up his phone, intending to call her, but her parents had taken her away, and he had no way to reach her. His fingers trembled as he scrolled through old photos on his phone, each image telling the story of their love.

One picture in particular caught his eye. It was a snapshot of them sitting by the lake, the setting sun painting the sky with hues of pink and orange. Neha had her head on his shoulder, and both of them were smiling. As he gazed at the photo, he could almost hear her laughter, her voice echoing in his mind. The memory was so vivid, he could practically feel the warmth of the setting sun and the soft touch of her head on his shoulder.

In that moment, the world around him ceased to exist, and he was transported back to that day, to that perfect moment when everything felt right in the world.

Neha's voice rang out, light and carefree. "Ashok, do you believe in fate? In destiny?"

Ashok smiled at her, his heart full. "I don't know about fate, Neha, but I believe in us. I believe in our love."

Neha turned her gaze to the setting sun, her eyes filled with wonder. "You know, sometimes I feel like the universe conspired to bring us together. It's like we were meant to find each other."

Ashok took her hand in his and said, "I don't know about the universe, but I'm grateful for every moment we have together."

Tears welled up in Ashok's eyes as he remembered that day, that beautiful moment. He wished he could go back in time and relive it, to hold onto Neha and never let go.

The day passed in a blur of sorrow. He walked through the apartment, picking up and putting down objects that held no meaning without her. Her scent lingered in every corner, a haunting reminder of the love that had been torn away.

In the evening, he sat by the window, staring out at the city as it came alive with the glow of streetlights. The city had once been a backdrop to their love story, but now it felt foreign and unfamiliar.

As the night deepened, a sense of loneliness settled over him. The bed where they had once slept side by side felt empty and cold. He clutched the pillow that still bore the faint scent of her and closed his eyes, praying for a dream that would bring her back to him.

But the night was silent, and the dream didn't come.

In the quiet hours before dawn, Ashok's phone lit up with a message. It was from Neha. He hurriedly opened it, his heart pounding in his chest.

Neha's message was a bittersweet confession. "I miss you, Ashok, but my parents have other plans for me. I'm afraid they want me to marry someone else."

Ashok's hands trembled as he typed a response, pouring his heart into the words. "Neha, I miss you too, more than words can express. Don't let them force you into something you don't want. I love you, and I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes."

He sent the message, and the phone screen faded to black. The room was once again filled with silence, but this time, it was a silence filled with hope, a glimmer of light in the darkest of nights.

Ashok knew that the road ahead would be long and uncertain, but he was willing to endure it all for the chance to be with the woman he loved. The main problem wasn't that they both didn't love each other, the main problem was her parents hated him and that's what made him mad because a love story where two of them love each other but can't meet because of parents was a terrible thing.