"I wish you were female" (17)

Akutagawa watched as Higuchi's eyes widened, and to that, he narrowed his. Higuchi looked between her phone and Akutagawa. Akutagawa finally got tired of her silence and began writing.

'Have they ordered my execution?' He had been aware that was going to happen at some point. He was no use to the mafia anymore.

Higuchi put her phone back into her pocket. Her head hung low as she spoke. "I'm so sorry" was all she said before she ran out of the room.

Akutagawa laid back in his bed. He covered his eyes and just wished to never wake again.

Why was he so useless and weak?

Only a few moments after Higuchi left, Chuuya arrived. Akutagawa turned his head towards Chuuya. Chuuya didn't say anything, he just walked to Akutagawa's bed side. That was finally when he said something.

"We're getting you out of here." Chuuya said quietly. Now it was Akutagawa's turn to be shocked. His eyes widened.

"Wh-at d-do you mean..?" Akutagawa spoke.

Chuuya didn't bother to address Aku's broken voice.

"The Agency is helping you. You're staying with the tiger boy. We need to get you out of this hospital."

"Why... Just l-let me die"

"God.. You're starting to sound like the stupid Mackerel." Chuuya grabbed Akutagawa's wheelchair, wheeling it over to Akutagawa's bedside. "Come on."

Akutagawa sat himself at the edge of the bed before carefully sitting in the wheelchair, with a bit of assistance from Chuuya.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A high-pitched beep rang throughout the nurses' station in the hallway. One nurse quickly checked the computer.

"It's Akutagawa Ryuunosuke, Room 200!" The nurse shouted as she jumped up and darted to Akutagawa's room.

When the nurse ran in, she was greeted by an empty room. IVs and the heart monitors were disconnected. Akutagawa's belongings were gone, as well as his wheelchair.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Chuuya hadn't taken his phone with him, for all Mori knew, Chuuya was still walking around with Kouyou. He would think that because Kouyou was carrying Chuuya's tracked phone.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

There had been a small argument between Kouyou and Chuuya when he introduced the plan to her.

"You're trying to protect someone who is in pain and only has five days to live! There's no point in doing this!" Kouyou raised her voice at the short ginger. "It's not worth anything if you fail... It'll just cost yours, Akutagawa's, and my life. If it works, It'll just give him 5 more days of pain." Chuuya knew she was right, he was just hoping for a miracle.

"He doesn't deserve a brutalized assassination. He deserves to somewhat enjoy his last days... You let that little assassin girl run off to the Agency and-"

"That was not me, that was the man you are trying to save right now." Kouyou interrupted, clearly getting more and more irritated.

"You were ordered to retrieve and kill her and you failed. You let her leave."