Chapter Two

Hello hello hello! Here is chapter two!

__________

It was him.

It was Wei Ying.

It was really Wei Ying.

Lan Wangji kept saying same thing to himself over and over in his head.

It was filled with wild rabbits that hopped all over the place and they wouldn't calm down. He wished they'd shut up right about now and let him breathe!

He loved rabbits. 

The Prince knew that very well.

He'd gifted him rabbits in the Cloud Recesses when they were younger and Lan Wangji refused to accept them. However, after he left, he finally decided to keep the little white fluffy balls of fur after speaking to his brother, not caring about breaking the rule. 

He was surprised that Lan Xichen was happy to allow it. He wondered if he didn't mind because he knew it was Wei Wuxian's idea.

He still raised them.

Lan Wangji was way too nervous.

He knew it was his laugh. Nobody's laugh could ever catch Lan Wangji's attention like Wei Wuxian's. He was glad to hear it, the joyful noise coming from him. He was glad to know that he was smiling, and he didn't even have to look.

But Lan Wangji still stiffened at once when he heard the familiar and well-loved sound for the first time in years.

He had almost forgotten what it sounded like. Wei Wuxian's voice hasn't changed. It had gotten deeper, yes, but other than that, it sounded exactly like it did in the past. 

Lan Wangji's heart was pounding in his chest.

He didn't think he could be this nervous over something that's so small and unimportant to everyone else. They must know that the Prince is an amazing person.

Anyone who thinks or says otherwise is stupid. 

They never loved the Prince like Lan Wangji already did. The didn't feel a tiny thimble of affection. They wanted attention, of course. And, Lan Wangji thought bitterly, they didn't care about how he felt. 

So many of them were heartless.

They were greedy and selfish. They thought that they could be good at hiding themselves. But to Lan Wangji, they were just liars. They have always been cowards. They've lied and harmed and denied their misdeeds. Some have even gone far enough to assault innocent women and children. Cultivator or not, they didn't care. And then they'd take great pleasure in murdering the victims after they were finished so they would be silenced forever.

Lan Wangji wanted to hunt every last one of them down and drive his sword through their chests. He would do so much more.

The very worst of them, Lan Wangji knew, would be going down to hell. They did not deserve a place in heaven.

They all knew they'd be damned. 

Lan Wangji had met good cultivators outside of Gusu, too. People who have an unshakable commitment to justice. People like that ought to be respected, as long as they respect the others around them. 

Lan Wangji was so excited and so scared. Excitement and fear was something that people never expected to exist when it came to the great Hanguang-Jun. He didn't expect it, either. It had been years since he felt this way, and it was only because of Wei Wuxian.

Nobody deserved him. Nobody was good enough! Lan Wangji knew for a fact that he couldn't even match up, as much as he wished deep in his sensitive heart.