74

You guys, I created a Facebook groupchat where I'm going to be dropping updates on all my books(including my future projects) and where we also get to talk about Bran and Maria as much as we want! I'm going to drop the link on my profile later, or probably make an announcement, so please consider joining!

BRAN

Was this what it felt like to sleep next to a woman? Or did the light feeling in Bran's chest have to do with the fact that Maria was his mate?

He suspected it was the latter.

Mere sleeping next to a woman should not have this effect on him. It should not be so pleasurable to the extent that Bran didn't want to leave the bed.

He'd just returned to the castle after a very very long time away and he needed to sit with the men at the round table and have some important discussions—one of them being about the supposed vampire that had drunk from a witch—but Bran had not the slightest inclination to leave the bed. He didn't even want to shift from the spot he was lying on.

And the sole reason for his reluctance lay with her body half on the bed and half on top of him.

His heart clenched as he looked down at her, a feeling of happiness and contentment filling his chest.

She slept soundly, her little breaths gusting across Bran's chest and her mouth, slightly parted. The upper part of her body laid over Bran's, her head on his chest and her soft breasts pressed against his stomach.

He was already hard as stone, naturally, but he tried to ignore the feeling. He tried to pretend like she wasn't right there, naked and all easy access.

Whoever thought a person could have just one taste of something and walk away was so damn wrong.

He'd had a taste of Maria and immediately she'd fallen asleep, he'd wanted her again instantly. But he knew that he needed to let her rest so he'd ignored his raging erection and let her sleep. She needed it.

Fuck, Bran couldn't believe it.

He was her first. Him.

His mate had been pure, untouched, as though she'd been waiting for him all this time, just like he'd been waiting to find her—but in a different way.

Her hair laid in huge curls on his chest and Bran sifted his hand through them, simply enjoying the feeling. He realized then that taking care of her made him happy. Touching her filled him with contentment, made him feel like he was doing the right thing.

It made him feel... whole.

He hadn't been protected when he'd entered her last night, and Bran began to wonder if it was possible that she could conceive. Suddenly, an image of Maria's flat belly, big and round with his child filled his mind and had his cock jerking in excitement.

He liked that.

He liked it very much.

It was weird that he'd never really had any interest in having children, but with her, he could envision it. He was a king and therefore would be expected to produce an heir, but never once had he given much thought to it. Immortals didn't have to worry—not when they lived for a very long time and could sire children whenever they chose to.

But now...

Now, the idea of having kids didnt seem so bleak anymore. Having a little girl that looked like Maria would be a sight that Bran very much wanted to see.

His thoughts screeched to a halt.

Was he making plans concerning the future? A future with Maria in it?