> 03﹔" ability "

It's been around a year since Devlyn and Cyclone met. As time pass by, the more missions they've been assigned with together, the stronger and faster their bond as best friends grew. When the two finally received their abilities, not a single mission failed when they're working together. Although at some times one of them makes a mistake and would accidentally set the alarm, they're always prepared and manages to finish it successfully.

Sounds of drilling and other tools came from the garage room, Cyclone was just about to head to the kitchen for a simple slice of bread with nutella spread as a midnight snack, but as he passed by, he was distracted by the noises from the room. Out of curiosity, he goes to see who and what they would be doing at such a late hour.

The boy twisted the doorknob and pushed the door slightly, tilting his head to the small space to find out who was in the room. He took a moment to observe the person, who didn't notice him at the door because he was too busy doing whatever stuff he's up to.

The unknown boy places down the driller on the table to his right side, pulling down his safety goggles to his neck. His eyes met with Cyclone's the second he turned his head to the door's direction.

" Delta? What are you doing? "
Cyclone questioned, his eyebrows raised, he takes a step in and left the door slightly open, still facing Devlyn.

" Just a project .. Why're you up at this hour? " Devlyn responded, breaking the eye contact he made just now and starting to clean up the table, putting the tools back to where they were.

" Midnight snack. I was thinking of eating something small before going to sleep. " Cyclone replied, a simple smile on his face.

Devlyn snickered at his friend's reply, spinning his swivel chair to completely face Cyclone's direction,
" Can I come? "
He asked, slightly leaning forward.

" Of course, you can! We should hurry to the kitchen before someone like Aero sees us. " Cyclone accepted, gesturing Devlyn to head to the kitchen before leaving first.

Devlyn nodded, taking the gadget he worked on and putting it in his pocket as he stood up from the chair and walked out, closing the garage door.

It's currently 2:18 A.M.
The two teens had a great conversation with each other, they giggled at their silly inside jokes and had those "remember the time when —" conversations. They both can't joke around much in front of people, especially at work. So this was the only time they actually acted like normal friends, just two 15 year old boys at the kitchen counter eating white bread with nutella spread.

They both tried to keep themselves from bursting out of laughter because of how enjoyable their conversation was.
The kitchen fell into a full minute of silence as they both calm themselves down to catch their breath.

Cyclone wiped off the chocolate from the corner of his lips with his finger and gently sucked the chocolate off from it, he still wasn't tired, so he wanted to continue talking to Devlyn.
" Sooo .. What's that project you're working on? "

" A gadget to improve my ability, so I could use it easier and better. "
Devlyn answered, taking a clean spoon and scooping a spoonful of nutella. He's not eating it whole of course, just a nibble every few seconds or something while the interaction goes on.

" Ooh, could I look at it? "
Cyclone tilted his head a bit, for some reason in Devlyn's vision, his eyes were sparkling.

" ... Yeah. I don't mind, here. "
The brunet couldn't resist saying no, he pulled out the gadget and handed it to him anyway.