> 04﹔" sixteen "

woooow only 4 chapters and we've already reached the angst part xD
prepare yourselves!

— 26th August.

From the past two years, since the day of the committed crime that caused a married couple and an elderly man's death, the missing boy completely changed his identity; from a boy named Devlyn Ashe to Devyn Asher.

Sure, the name is not much of a difference from his real name, but from his appearance, not a single outsider would recognise he's the person that still has the picture of his 13 year old self on a missing child poster stuck onto somewhere. The only person that would know his real identity would be Aero, the same man who first introduced him to one of the worldwide criminal organisations, Lynx.

[ hence, in this chapter he will be known as Devyn. :3 ]

: 2:28 P.M.

The brunet pulled the string from the stitches on his palm to conceal the wound, biting his inner lip to distract himself from the pain as the stitches tightened. Once it's secured enough, he cuts off the excess string with a pair of scissors, then taking his glove on the table to wear it and patch it up with some bandages.

He rolls his chair a meter far from the table where the gadget was on, lifts up his arm to that direction, and opened his hand, causing the gadget to stick to it immediately.

Feeling proud of his success despite the pain, he smirked. He's determined not to lose something important to him, partly because half of it was done by his best friend, and he wants to be able to use it until his last breath.

Just as Devyn's about to finally rest, he was startled by the sudden appearance of an operative who he knew, the man just barged in the garage room without knocking.

" .. What is it this time? "
Questioned Devyn, arms crossed as he leans back in his chair.

" The Director wants to speak to you. Face-to-face. "

" Now? Can't it wait- "

" No questions, "
The operative cuts him off, gesturing for the boy to follow him as he leaves.

Devyn sighs, standing up from the swivel chair and hurrying after the operative to wherever he's going to lead him to.

The room fell silent momentarily, the feeling Devyn had as he sat on the chair in front of The Director was like the feeling of getting into trouble and being sent to the principal's office, which has happened a few times to him, but this one slightly made him anxious. He had never seen or spoken to The Director face-to-face until now.

" .. Just recently, one of our operatives has been revealed to be an informant working for Highrise. "
The Director broke the silence, organizing some files on his table.

Devyn raised his eyebrow at the mention of Highrise, he knows they're just a criminal agency but doesn't really understand why they were enemies to Lynx.
" Okay? So..? "
He crossed his arms.

" Your job for tonight is to kill him. "
The Director ordered, dropping a file containing information of the informant in front of Devyn, who carefully examined its contents.

The first thing he noticed as he opened the file was a familiar smile seen on the person's face in the picture, leaving him in disbelief as he recognised it. Speechless, he pays close attention to the information to make sure it wasn't exactly who he thinks it is, but it just gets clearer. From what he read, he can't deny the fact that the traitor was someone he's truly close with.