Hide and seek

The girl ran and ran and ran until she could run no more.

" Get back 'ere you little shit."

A tall, well built man, followed after the girl. His black, beady little eyes followed her form as she ran clumsily along the filthy cobblestones of the dark alley.

" Come on, Poppet, I jus' want to 'ave a bit of fun wiv' ya. "

The tall man looked to his ' best mate', a shorter man with glittering eyes, that suggested that he was capable of horrid , unspeakable acts.

The girl turned a corner swiftly, considering her weak state , and ran out of view of the two men who gave heavy breathy grunts, the only sign that they were tiring. But the thought of reward made them push through their fatigue, and continue after their prey.

The girl immediately regretted her decision to turn the corner and panic rushed through her. Adrenaline washing away.
' I shouldn't of made that turn,' she thought.
Looking at her surroundings, she figured that the best place to hide was under one of the many large bins. She hurriedly squeezed herself under one of the bins and held her breath. The odour given of by the bins was ghastly enough too make her eyes water.
The two men finally caught up and turned the same corner and was greeted by the sight of the same bins.
The tall beady eyed man, covered his nose and gave a sigh of disgust at the stench of rotting food, among other things.
" Jesus Christ."
He exclaimed.
" It fuckin stinks 'ere."
Most of the back streets, main streets and any streets in London, stank of urine and other sour odours.
The smaller man didn't seem to be phased. He was to intent on catching the girl.
" She's gotta be 'ere," he said, " hiding somewhere."
He looked around while the other man was to busy trying to cover his face to protect it from the horrid smells.
The small mans eyes danced, taking in their surroundings, and looking for a possible hiding places for such a petite child.
He angrily kicked a bucket. The noise rang throughout the alleyways. He let out a sigh of frustration.
" I know your 'ere, hiding somewhere. You and your filthy kind are always hiding!"
His last comment peaked the interest of the little girl.
' What does he mean by 'your kind'? She thought, but she was to scared to even try to make sense of it.
She closed her eyes and listened to the men, her hunters, scramble about looking for her.
Her heart raced in her chest. She could hear the blood pumping in her ears. She had never been so afraid.
She peaked open one of her eyes and was horrified to see, two beady little eyes, staring right back at her,gleefully.
" 'Ello, Poppet. . . "
A hand pulled her out from underneath the bin forcefully. She tried to resist but was exhausted,and she was so, pitifully weak. She felt like she hadn't eaten in months.
She didn't even make a noise as he grabbed her hair forcefully and pulled her face up to meet his own.
" I think we'll catch a pretty penny for you, love." The small man cooed.
Her eyes fluttered open and closed. The effort of resisting the men had exhausted every drop of energy left within her. The fluttering of her eyes allowed the men to see the deep red irises of her eyes. it was a part of her 'illness', as she put it.
' I just want to close my eyes',she thought wistfully, ' I just want to wake up in a safe place, a home with a family. A family that I can be a part of, a family who will love me, that could accept me despite my illness'.
She knew that she was fighting a losing battle.
She gave in to the darkness, seeking sanctum in its cold embrace. The darkness was her only friend. It took her and cradled her, in its scarlet talons, holding her with a grip that suggested that it wouldn't let her go. She was ok with that. It was better than going back ~there~.
Before falling blissfully into the darkness;
" Me tenir et me laisser aller jamais..."
The men laughed at her words.
"Hold me and never let me go," mocked the small man, " Thinks she's a poet does she?"
The other man sneered at the lifeless from, letting go of his grip on her hair. She fell to the ground with a thud, unmoving. The only movement coming from her was the gentle rising and falling of her chest.
"Look at 'er," said the beady eyed man,
"All peaceful like."
Suddenly his face darkened in what looked like anger.
" Filthy beast!"
He kicked her.
"Bastard mongrel!"
His steel toe boot made contact with her face, resulting in a resounding crack and the trickle of a warm, crimson liquid running from her nose.
"Filthy!Filthy!Filthy!"
Blow, after blow, after blow was delt to the girls petite form. Blood gushed from her nose, mouth and eyes.
Still, the gentle rising and falling of her chest could be seen.
The small man stepped forward and placed a comforting hand on his fellow hunters back, effectively calming him down until the only muse was his heavy, laboured breaths.
" It's alright, mate," he said," look, we'll bag her and take her back. Then we can go for a pint. I'll be quick."
He gave the tall man a pat on the back and a crooked smile.
"Not like some wandering creepy duo are gonna waltz over to us and take 'er from us."
The tall man gave his companion a smile and hoisted the girl into a tattered bag and over his shoulder.

Oh how they were wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somewhere in the dark alleys of London, were a couple who were very much in love, wandering and basking in the pale light of the moon.
Gomez turned to his wife who had stopped mid step, to enquire what was the matter.
"Cara?" He asked.
He was startled to see that his wife's beautiful blue eyes were a dark Crimson. Rarely had he ever seen her like this.
"Gomez ..." she said softly, eyes darting around her, her nose slightly in the air looking for the origin of a smell that belonged to her own kind.
Picking up on a sent, she followed it, taking off at a quick pace, which would of surprised anyone who saw. The floor length, black dress didn't look as though it would allow such freedom of movement.
Gomez stood there dumbstruck for a moment but regained movement and quickly followed after his wife. He was curious as to what was going on. This sort of behaviour was unusual for his Cara, Morticia.
No, not normal at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read this!! It's my first Addams family fic and super nervous about how people will like it. I would really appreciate all the feedback I can get and some suggestions as well. I hope that this will meet the expectations of the Addams family fandom and that I can to the characters justice.
I'll put the disclaimer here. I'm not going to put one in every chapter as I don't see the point so thanks!!!
I do not own any of the Addams Family characters apart from the original ones that I have plucked out from my own imagination. thank you for reading.