What a beautiful name

They both silently made the way back to the little B&B they had rented for their weekend in London.
Morticia opened the door of the little thatched cottage, seeing as Gomez was carrying the abused child in his arms.
She was still out. Only the light sigh of her breath and the slow but steady raising of her chest was the only indication that she was still alive.
Gomez entered the threshold of the simple little cottage, and placed the girl on their bed.
Morticia motioned at the candles and they flickered alight. She always had a way with fire, contrary to her icy blue eyes.
She slowly lowered herself to sit on the edge of the bed.
"Gomez," she said quietly,"fetch me a basin and a cloth. The blood-," she paused," it's everywhere ."
" Of course, Cara." he agreed. he could hear the sorrow in his wife's voice and the heartache in her expression.
He returned and set the basin if water at his wife's side. Morticia nodded her thanks and gently took the cloth from her husband's hand and dipped it into the warm water. She squeezed the excess water from it and lightly started wiping the crusted blood from the child's face.
"She's beautiful" mummered Gomez.
"Yes." came his wife's reply.
Gomez left the room as Morticia changed the girls tattered blood stained clothes for one of her night gowns. Granted, it was big her but she didn't have any clothes that would fit a child. Her own where at home in America with grandmama watching over them and Fester.
When she finished, Gomez came back into the room and sat beside his beautiful wife. He took her hand in his and caressed it lovingly.
They both just sat there in silence, watching for any sign of movement from the child.
The girl in question had pale skin, like Morticia. She had white, almost grey hair, that was just above her elbows and full, red lips. Also like Morticia's.
Apart from her hair, she was the image of their daughter, Wednesday.
They had only met, well rescued, the little girl and they already feel protective of her. Morticia especially.
A child of her own kind beaten and abused, she couldn't stand for it. She wouldn't.
A few hours had passed and Morticia still sat at the child's side, gently playing with your hair. Gomez had retired to the guest room exhausted after the days events.
Gomez awoke in the morning, just before sunrise, and found his ' two girls' asleep. Morticia holding the child in her arms, who obviously snuggled closer into his wife's embrace during the night.
He stood there for a moment, absorbed in the sight of his' sleeping beauties'.
He didn't even noticed the sun filtering in through the blinds.
Morticia was first to awake, a gentle sigh escaped her lips. She felt the rays of the sun on her pale skin.
Suddenly, she remembered the child in her arms but it was too late. Screams came from the child. She was burning. In her weak state, her skin wasn't strong enough to withstand the harsh rays of the sun.
The girl jumped from the bed, more like tumbled out of, and crawled over to a corner and took sanctuary in it's shade.
"Gomez,the blinds!"
"Oh,yes!"he rushed to close them, enveloping the room in darkness.
The child was crying in the corner, her skin struggling to heal the burns inflicted upon it.
"Shhh. . ." Morticia gently soothed the girl," it's alright, you're safe now. We won't hurt you."
The child didn't raise her head at the strangers soft tone.
'Wher am I?'she thought.
She further curled in on herself. Her head between her knees.' It was just a dream,' The girl thought sadly, ' The sweet scent of perfume. The warm comforting embrace.'
The girl sobbed even harder.
' I'm back in hell! Madame Delphine is going to lash me and throw me into the pit.' Despair home heavily in the area surrounding the little girl.
' I'm going to die. . .'
"Child," Morticia said softly as she knelt before the sobbing girl,"please, look at me. You have nothing to fear from us. My husband and I only wish to help you."
Gomez too, approached the child, and knelt before her.
" Don't be afraid, pequenita. As my wife said, we won't hurt you."
The girl continued to cry. Tears rolling down her cheeks and onto the wooden floor beneath her.
Morticia reached out and took the childs small hand in her own and tried again;
" Mon cher."
Gomez was to worried about the child to even react.
The girl stopped crying upon hearing the softly spoken French. French was her first language, but she never heard it being spoken so softly.
Morticia, seeing a change in the childs demeanour at the French, she continued to whisper soft words of encouragement, telling the child she was safe and away from that hellhole.
"Votre sécurité maintenant," you're safe now, she said," vous ne jamais avoir à y retourner."
" Promesse?" Asked the girl quietly.
' does she really mean it,' thought the girl.' Will I never have to go back?'
Morticia smiled at the girl, although she had yet to lift up her head.
"Oui, mon cher. she replied.
The child slowly raised her head and looked at the stranger in front of her. She was the most beautiful woman she had ever laid her eyes upon. Her long dark hair was like a waterfall of shadows, pitch black and flowing over her shoulders and down her back.
Her eyes were in icy blue, just like her own, haunting but, they held an air safety. She felt like she could trust this woman.
Her lips with the darkest shade of red she had ever seen, as if stained by blood.
Suddenly, she remembered her hunger. The girl closed eyes, the irises pitch black.
Upon seeing the black irises of the child before her, she quickly lifted a long sleeve of her dress, exposing her wrist and bit into the soft flesh,hard. Blood pooled to the surface of the wound. she held her bleeding wrist to the child's mouth, encouraging her to drink.
She girl looked at the woman in front of her, eyes wide at her offered wrist.
" Mais comment?" The girl queried, referring to how the woman knew what was wrong.
"Votre faim." your hunger, she replied.
For a moment the girl was uncertain, but the scent of the woman's blood sent her body alight.
Slowly, she took Morticia's hand in her own small ones, and drank form the wound on her wrist.
Gomez stared at the exchange in awe. He really didn't know much about his wife being a vampire. They never really discussed it. It was just something that was.
Later that afternoon found the girl sleeping in the guest bedroom, or so they thought. The child was in fact awake, and listening to the floorboards creek beneath the couple as they moved around their bedroom, packing their things for their return home.
It's saddened her.
' they're leaving,' she thought morosely,' I will have no one,' she paused for a moment.
' I never had anyone to begin with.' She concluded, looking at her fidgeting hands. She heaved a sigh and lay her head down on the soft pillow. She had never felt such comfort before. She scrunched the sheets in her fists.
She was accustomed to a small cramped cell, full of other vampires, ranging from five-year-olds to teenagers.
Slowly, she drifted off into an uneasy sleep. In the darkness of the room, her memories came alive.
" Get out if there and come here!"screeched Madame Delphine.
Shakily, the pale little girl made her way out of the cell, eyes trained on the ground.
The sound of a whip moving through the air could be heard and a scream of a child echoed throughout the dark, damp dungeon.
The leather had pierced the supple flesh of the child's bruised face.
The whip came down upon her with a mighty force again, and again, and again.
This time, to girl raised her eyes to the small pudgy woman's , as she lifted the hard leather behind her head, to strike when-
Morticia could hear the girl moaning in her sleep from the guestroom. She turned to her husband and placed a kiss on his cheek and told him she was going to check on the child.
As soon as Morticia stepped into the guestroom, the little girl awoke in a cold sweat and scream on her lips.
Morticia took the child in her arms as she perched herself against the headboard beside the child. She rubbed slow comforting circles on the girls back, calming her down from the horror of the night terror. The girl was still panting and shuddering. Morticia once again motioned to one of the many candels in the room and it flickered on, its warm flame illuminating the dark room.
"Shhh, mon cher" she said," personne ne peut vous faire du mal."
Mortician ensured the girl that she was safe and no one could hurt her.
The girl turned to Morticia, and gave her a small smile which she returned warmly.
"You know," she started in a conversational tone,"you have yet to tell me your name."
The girl had a look of surprise on her face. She hadn't heard her own name spoken in a very long time. It was usually substituted was a curse word.
" Lucretia." she said softly.
" My name is Lucretia."
" Lucretia," smiled Morticia,"What a beautiful name."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Omg I am sooooo sorry for the amount of grammatical mistakes in this chapter. it's six in the morning and I just wanted to get it out. They are fixed now so please forgive me!!!!!