New found love

One, two step step. One, two step step and a one two three, dip.
The slow music of a waltz came to an end and the amorous couple came to a halt.
The child, now known as Lucretia, clapped as the man lowered the woman into a low dip.
The couple turned and bowed to the happily clapping child.
Since the girls night terrors, Gomez and Morticia took it upon themselves to make the child laugh and smile every chance they got.
Morticia with her witty remarks, and Gomez with his excitable childish behaviour.
"Magnifique!" Praises the girl, truly in awe of the show the two had put on for her.
Gomez and his wife danced throughout the evening, each taking turns leading Lucretia around the living room floor. She had a natural talent that they both observed.
After the final dance, Gomez took the hand of each of 'his girls' in his own and led them to the table. He pulled out a chair for both his wife, and the little girl he had come to care for in such little time.
"My ladies," he said in a mockingly formal tone, " would you care for a cup of tea?"
Morticia's eyebrow quirked upwards, along with the corner of her mouth at her husbands humerus behaviour and Lucretia gave a small laugh.
" Why yes, kind sir." answered the girl in her own formal tone, trying not to laugh.
She ha become more vocal over the course of the evening, much to the couples delight.
Her voice was melodic, one could even describe it as angelic.
"Right away, my lady!" Gomez left with a low bow and headed to the kitchen to prepare some tea.
Morticia turned to the child with a gentle gaze.
" We are returning home tomorrow," she said," to our family home in America. It's been in the Addams family for years." She added.
The pale woman was taken aback when the child seemed to visibly deflate before her. She raised an eyebrow in silent question.
" I understand," said the saddened girl, barely above a whisper, "No one wants to be around me for long."
Finally understanding what the child meant, Morticia gave a small laugh, something she didn't do very often, and took Lucretia's small hand in her own.
"Child," she said softly," we want you to come home with us, to be apart of our family."
Lucretia sat there in shock for a moment.
' They want me to go home with them.' she thought disbelievingly. ' they want me to be part of their . . . Family.'
Morticia held her breath awaiting the child's answer. Even if she didn't show it, she was nervous. Her heart was pounding in her chest, almost painfully.
The girl slowly raised her eyes to meet Morticia's in a lost, hopeful gaze.
"Avez-vous viraiment dire qu'll?"
Tears shone in the little girls uncertain blue eyes.
Morticia let out the breath she had been holding in.
"Oui, mon cher," she said relieved, " I, we really mean it."
Morticia caught the girl as she threw herself into Morticia's arms.
The woman was shocked by the sudden show of affection at first, but then melted into the embrace.
" What have I missed?" Asked Gomez as he returned with the tea.
Instead if answering him, the girl flung herself into Gomez's arms. He held her close to him until she let go.
For the first time since they met,she gave them a wide smile. upon seeing it they both exchanged contented looks. They both felt it. Their love for this child was starting to blossom, like a black rose, ready to be cut from the stem. Beautiful.
Morticia poured them all a nice, hot cup of tea.
They told her all about their family. They talked about their children. Morticia told Lucretia all about Wednesday's headless doll collection and that she was at the age where girls only have one thing on their mind, homicide.
Gomez told her about their two sons, Pugsley and Pubert.
He would boast Pugsley had a way with explosives that no one apart from his uncle Fester could imagine, and the youngest, Pubert, at only one year, had managed to deactivate one of Wednesday's many hidden bombs.
Lucretia got more and more excited with every word.
' I'm going to have a family. . .' She thought. It was still something she still couldn't get her head around.
As far as she knew, she had no parents. If she did, then they didn't have names or faces. They were no one.
She spent all her life among cramped cells with parentless children. It didn't really strike her as odd, that no matter how many people were around her, she still didn't really have anybody.
But that was going to change. She had parents now, in all but blood. Gomez and Morticia are the ones who are going to look after her nwn. Also, someone of her own kind.
Earlier that day, Morticia had explained what her 'illness' was.
" Darling, your not sick," Morticia sat on the bed in the guest room," your a vampire."
The child looked at the woman as though she was sporting two heads.
" A vampire. . . " Repeated the girl.
The word felt nice on her tongue. Lucretia had heard rumours around the arenas that that's what their illness was. Vampirism.
"Is that why they made me hurt people?" Asked the little girl, ashamed at the memories of ripping flesh apart to get her fill. She couldn't understand why blood made her throat hurt. Why nothing else could satisfy her hunger, her thirst.
Vampirism answered a lot of questions she had about herself and the others she had spent her whole life around.
She was pulled from her musings as a simple question popped into her mind. How did this woman know? How did she know to give her the only supplement that could sedate her hunger?
" Why-," she paused, trying to figure out how to phrase her question," How do you know?"
"I know because," Morticia leaned in," I'm a vampire too." She whispered.
"Really?" Asked the child.
"Oui, mon cher. I'm just like you."
The thought of the woman before her being just like her sent a warmth afire in her chest.
' I'm really not alone.' she thought.
Lucretia continued to ask various questions like; is that why we can run really really fast? Is it why we're really strong? Is that why blood makes me act monstrous? Why does the sun hurt so much? Can you walk in the sun? Why do my eyes change colour?
And finally; Is that why I can do strange things?
Morticia smiled at the onslaught of questions but answered each and every one patiently.
" Our eyes change depending on the mood and situation." She explained." I find that during times of hunger, they go black and red when we feel threatened or in danger or in a horribly unhappy mood."
"Oh, that explains things." Would come the child's reply.
Lifting her delicate hand, Morticia gestured to a black stone ring on her index finger.
"This," she said," allows me to walk in the sunlight. Grandmama Addams made it for me. Before, I was confined to the shadows like you. Although, I didn't particularly mind."
The child's final question caught her interest, more so than the others.
"What strange things can you do,darling?"
She had heard of vampire with certain abilities, most commonly allowing them to control one or more of the elements. Morticia found out from a very young age she could manipulate fire and make things she needed appear before her without thinking twice about it. Things just came to her.
The girl looked at Morticia, the woman's eyes egging her on.
"Well," she started, playing with the helm of her borrowed night gown," I can make things move. If I concentrate hard enough, I can hear things, things that people think. Is that normal?" She asked in a small voice, afraid that after finding out about her strange abilities the woman wouldn't want to be around her.
"Who am I to say what is normal and what isn't. What is normal for the spider, is chaos to the fly." She said wisely.
"Any way, why be normal when you can be yourself?"
The girl have a small nod, feeling slightly better about herself.
Morticia continued to gaze at the girl, feeling that there was more the child wanted to tell her.
"Mon cher," she said encouragingly,"you need not be afraid to tell me anything."
"Alrigh." Replied Lucretia.
"I can see their memories too."
This was new to Morticia. She had never heard of people being able to see others memories.
Sensing Lucretia wasn't finished, she nodded for her to carry on.
"There's one other thing. It's hard to explain." the girl had a look of confusion in her face," I can move around in the shadows. They take me places I want to go."
At this, Morticia was confused.
"I'm afraid I don't understand darling." she said in puzzlement.
"Here, let me show you." The girl hurried of the bed and walked to the corner of the room which was enveloped in shadows. Lucretia took a step forward into them.
Morticia blinked in surprise and made her way over to the shadowed corner, where the child had been only a few seconds ago. She reached out and touched the wall. There was no one there. She withdrew her hand and was about to leave the room in search of the girl when she heard a giggle from the shadows, and made her way slowly back to the place where she was standing a few minutes ago. Suddenly she saw a small childlike hand reach out to her along with Lucretia's voice, telling her to take the hand.
Morticia stood there for a moment, unsure if she had finally gone around the bend or if the child had really could move with the shadows. Either way, what bliss... Finally, she slowly lay her hand in the child's, and could fell herself being pulled into the darkness and out the other end beside a happy little girl. It turned out, that the other end was in the shadowed corner behind Gomez's reading chair. Seizing the opportunity, Morticia moved silently up behind her husband, that was still unaware of their presence, and lowered herself and whispered in his ear;
"Mon amour."
In an instant Gomez was standing with a small blade at his amused wife's throat.
"Oh Tish," he said breathily," I never even heard you. Quite the little minx, aren't you."
Lust was heavy in his voice. he dropped the blade to the ground in favour of taking his wife's hand, kissing his way up her arm and stopping to nibble at her neck.
"Gomez," she said breathily," the child."
"What child?" He continued to peck at his wife's soft, sweet skin.
Letting out a soft moan, Morticia reminded her husband of Lucretia, who still stood in the shadows, wide eyed at the couples passionate exchange.
As if only remembering that they had saved a child the day before, he regrettably let go of his wife, the fire still present in his eyes.
" Cara Mia..." he leaned in to continue but Morticia's raised hand stopped him.
"Cara Mia later, mon cher." She promised him.
Coming back to later that evening, everyone retired to their beds. They had a long day of travel tomorrow.
Lucretia's final thought before she went to sleep was about the wonderful day she had with the loving couple.
'I love them, and they love me.' and drifted off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello to all of you who have been reading this so far. I'm sorry to have been a day late. I really have no excuse. I'll try to post s new chapter every day😍 I would really appreciate a comment on how you think the story is so far. maybe even a vote on the chapter 😉