1. Meet the red hair siblings

Timeline~ 4 years before Luffy set sail

It was a normal day for the red-haired pirates. The morning was filled was laughter and echos. Not all were in a good mood since most of them were hungover from the party that happened the day before. Almost all were waken up, except for their captain, whose snore can be heard from a mile away.

"Oi Shanks wake up! It's almost noon" Y/n said as she tried waking up Shanks by shaking him violently. No response. He is still snoring, if it isn't anything, he is snoring louder than before.

"This guy is getting on my nerves," y/n said as she dumped a big bucket of water into Shanks' face. "Oi! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" shanks yelled as he woke up from bed, soaked in water.

"No reason, you weren't waking up, that's why"

"Before you could yell at me again, hear me out. An island is in sight and if you want to go explore it together with us, get ready and eat your breakfast quickly."

"OK," Shanks said like an excited kid. y/n just chuckled at her brother. Even if he is in his 30s, he is really childish. {P.S. - You are 14 now}

"CAPTAIN SHANKS!, Y/N! WE REACHED LAND!" said Lucky, who was practically screaming. "Oh really? Come on bro, grab your coat and come out." Y/N said as she put on her coat.

"Coming!"

=======================

Mini Timeskip

Y/n wandered away from her crew, to the market. The market was busy as any other, with a bunch of things held for sale and people all over. The noise was.... well, Loud as hell. you wondered if there is any better way to torture a person who likes peace and quiet. 

You decided you buy some fruits which are available only on this island. You were picking some fruits when suddenly someone spoke beside you.

"You are picking the bad ones. The red colored are the good ones, orange ones taste sour."

You turned to see, a boy your age age. He had blond hair which covered half of his eyes. His eyebrows were curly and he had a pleasant smile on his face.

"You don't know how to pick good fruits do you?" He teased.

"Hey, I am just not used to buying things much" You protested back. He chuckled at your reaction. "Sorry. I was just teasing you. Forgive me"

"Hmf. Ok. I am y/n. What's your name?" " I am san-" 

Suddenly his expression changed. He had all smiled a few minutes ago, and now he looked horrified as if all his blood drained from his face. He suddenly grabbed your hand and jolted.

"What are you doing?"

"No time to explain"

After reaching, very far away from the market, he stopped. "Why. did. you. run?" you said while panting heavily. 

"Sorry about that y/n, I just saw some people - my family"

"Why did you run away from them?"

"Long story. Let me check if their ship has departed." 

But, no. The ship didn't leave for at least 6 hours after that. You both sat there hungry as hell, but not daring to go from there. Even though you'll not have a problem with them, you still don't like the idea of leaving this boy alone. Plus, you do not know the way to go back.

You both spent hours talking and laughing. It was great to have someone your age to talk to. Sanji was a really nice guy. He was quite humourous, a good listener, and a perfect gentleman. 

While you were talking, a really cute lady came over. "Are you both alone here? Did you guys get lost?" You turned to see Sanji, having a mini nosebleed. You chuckled. Even though he was a perfect gentleman, he is a pervert too.

"No, we are waiting for someone" I quickly replied. Sanji nodded at her. "Ok. Have fun." She said as she walked off. You gave a smack in Sanji's head. "OW. What was that for?" He asked. "Simply." You replied.

"You are quite strong," He said while rubbing his head. You both laughed at this.

======================

Timeskip

"Well, your family's ship departed. Can we go now?"

"Yeah. And since I was responsible for dragging you here, I am also responsible for taking you back to your brother." Sanji said as he stood up. He lent you a hand, helping you to stand up.

"Yup, and please explain the situation to him also. Or he would make a fuss. Now itself he would have already made a fuss." you reckoned. "Ok," he said giving you a thumbs up.

==================

Mini time skip

"That's my ship" you pointed.

"Y/N!" Shanks came running at you with his arms open. His eyes gave a worrying look and his tone was quite concerned.

"where have you been? Shanks turned the market upside down when we couldn't find you" Ben said.

"Sorry, I was with a friend." You said as Shanks let go of the tight embrace. 

"Is that your friend?" Shanks said in a serious tone while scanning Sanji from leg to head.

"Yes. His name is Sanji."

"Pleased to meet you, sir. And I apologize for this. When I saw my family's ship, I grabbed y/n's arm out of reflex and ran. Since y/n doesn't know the way back, we had to find them." Sanji said with a small bow.

"Why did you run away from your family's ship?"

"Long story sir, I ran away from home at a young age. I don't want to be captured by them again." He said with a shaking tone.

"It's ok kid. And call me shanks."

"Ok, shanks," he said while smiling. " Oh, I should probably go now. The old geezer would be mad if I didn't reach by night." 

He bid goodbye to you and the crew. And rushed away from there

"Who is this old geezer?" Shanks asked. "His boss," I replied

"I like that kid." Ben reckoned.

You simply smiled. While walking back to the ship, you wondered if you both ever cross paths with each other in this lifetime. Hoping for the best, you along with Shanks and the others, walked back to the ship.