podcast - chris

IN WHICH...  chris invites you onto him and his brothers' podcast since the fans want to know more about you since you guys have been dating.

y/n's pov

"chris, are you sure they actually want this? i thought the fans didn't like me," i say, raising one eyebrow. 

"why would they not like you?" chris asks.

chris invited me onto their cut the camera podcast last week. i can't stop thinking about it and i'm scared i'm going to say or do something wrong. their fans watch my every move, and it stresses me out. i've been reading the comments on videos i'm in and their fans seem to have strong opinions about me. i haven't told chris about the comments, and i'm still convincing myself it doesn't matter. i shouldn't care this much about what their fans think, but it still does affect me deep down.

sometimes, the comments are very hurtful, and other times i can just tell it's a jealous 13-year-old. they say things like, 'she's so ugly' or 'chris could do so much better'. then there's worse. chris clearly doesn't read the comments, and i've been trying not to but it's so hard. i know it's going to end up with me changing myself but chris likes this version of me. me being myself. i can't let teenagers change that because what if he doesn't like me then? 

"i don't know," i say. i won't bring up the comments now, i'll just tell him later. he shrugs and hugs me goodbye before leaving my house. he had come over for dinner and the movie is over now, so he's leaving.

"see you tomorrow, love you." he says as he opens the door. 

"love you too." i smile as he leaves. i lock the door and head to sleep.

i wake up and immediately get up to get ready for the podcast. i put on makeup and do my hair nicely. i put on cargo pants and a tight t-shirt with converse. i make food and eat really quick before i brush my teeth. i grab my keys and leave.

"you look so pretty." chris smiles as he opens the door for me. 

"thank you," i smile and give him a kiss. i walk inside the house and he leads me upstairs to the podcast room. "i'm nervous," i say. 

"don't be, you're just talking to us," he says.

"yeah, but i'm scared your fans are going to hate me or something," i say.

"why do you keep saying that?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows. 

i shrug. i don't want to tell him but now is the perfect time. "there's a lot of hate comments and stuff, i just don't think they like me." i say.

"i told you not to read those, they're just jealous of you," he says, giving me a hug. i immediately hug him back and look up at him when we pull away. 

"it just gets old," i say. 

"it's okay, nothing that they say is true, i can tell nick to turn off the comments if it continues, just let me know." he says. "why didn't you tell me sooner?" he asks.

"i didn't want to sound dramatic or stress you out." i say.

"you're not dramatic, i understand." he says. "are you still going to do the podcast though?" he asks.

"yes." i say as we both sit down. 

"i love you, that's all that matters. don't worry about them," he says before nick and matt walk in. i stand up to hug them before sitting back down.

"today's topic will be just a q&a for y/n" nick explains to everyone. i nod, and nick turns on all the cameras to begin. i shrug off my butterflies in my stomach and stay calm the whole time.

~

the podcast turned out well, and i don't think i did anything wrong. after about a week, i checked the comments although i'm not supposed to, but this time they were good.

they said nice things about me which made me so happy.

~

'i actually do like y/n. i'm glad they did this so we know more ab her now'

'i feel so bad for like hating her b4 this but seeing the way chris looks at her i can just tell they're so perfect for each other'

'aww DID YOU SEE THE WAY CHRIS LOOKS AT Y/N? I'M SOBBING'

'wait she's so cute and you can tell they love each other jus btw she looks at him.'

'she's so sweet, idk why ppl don't like her.'

'i've liked her the whole time and this makes me like her even more.'

'THANK GOD these comments aren't hating on her. it's so mean and she's so sweet i love her.'

~

the comments made me smile and i'm glad that this podcast turned things around for me. maybe it was a good idea after all, i'm happy that chris pushed me out of my comfort zone to do it.