going out - matt

IN WHICH... you and matt are roommates, and he's worries that you're out all night.

y/n's pov

my roommate matt has always hated me. or so i thought. he never really talks to me, and we only see each other around the apartment. we're staying in this apartment off campus for our college, and when we do talk, all he says is how much he hates it here. he wants to be with his triplet brothers, nick and chris, but he's here. i've never met them, but i'm assuming they're really close.

matt doesn't know much about me, other than i never leave the apartment. i'm always staying back and reading, studying, or even just watching a movie by myself in the living room. matt is always out. whether he's at a party, hanging out with his brothers, or at another girl's apartment, only god knows what he's doing. he knows that if i leave the apartment, i'm either grocery shopping or my best friend ella dragged me out.

narrator's pov

you walk out of your room, dressed in a skintight and short dress, different compared to how you usually wear sweatpants and hoodies. when matt looks up from his food that he's eating on the couch, he nearly chokes. he's never seen you dressed in something so revealing and skintight. he's shocked you even own that dress. you didn't even notice his near-death experience as you take your purse off the counter and take your keys out. you reply to a text as matt sits there, staring at you and waiting for you to tell him where you're going.

"where are you going?" he finally speaks up, making your head look over to him.

"out," you smile, him rolling his eyes at your vague response.

"where?" he scoffs.

"to a party," you shrug, turning back to your phone. he rolls his eyes again because he knows he lost your attention. you smile at your phone which makes him frustrated, but he isn't sure why.

actually, he doesn't know why he cares at all. he never even talks to you, why does it matter if you're talking to a guy.

"oh," he mumbles.

"it's fine, ella will be there," you shrug. ella isn't the best person to spend the night with, she's going to get too drunk and leave you for a random guy.

"are you going with someone else who's going to stay with you? you already know ella won't-"

"well i met this guy in the courtyard the other day," you say, avoiding his gaze. "he's so nice, and he's really hot." you say.

matt nearly chokes again when you say those words. who are you right now? you never talk about guys or refer to them as 'hot'.

"what?" you exclaim. "you say girls are hot all the time, and i don't act like that," you laugh and point at him.

"act like what?" he says nervously.

"all pissed off and weird... anyways, i know you'll miss me so much but i'll be back around midnight probably." you say, shoving your phone in your purse and walking out.