oreo milkshake - matt

IN WHICH...  you are alone at a restaurant and matt comes up to you to hang out with you.

y/n's pov

i'm supposed to be meeting with my old friends today. i'm sitting inside shake shack, the place they chose to go to, but it turns out, i'm being messed with. i'm being ghosted as if i'm in fucking high school and i genuinely feel so humiliated right now.

i sat there and it felt so awkward being at the table alone. i looked around the empty restaurant and there was no one in there except the employees and three guys who just walked in. they were really, really hot. i had to look away to not stare. i looked at the menu, contemplating if i would actually eat here alone or if i would leave out of embarrassment. when the boys sat at the table next to mine, i wasn't going to leave now, it's so embarrassing.

they sound like brothers from the way they talk to each other, and i try not to smile or laugh as i hear some of their conversations. they seem so funny and nice. the waitress comes over to my table, and i order a root beer float since i have no appetite. i take out my phone and scroll while i wait for it to come out.

matt's pov

nick, chris, and i walk into shake shack and get seated by the hostess. we're sitting next to this really pretty girl who's sitting alone. i have no idea why she's alone, but she looks sad or disappointed, so i'm assuming it's a guy who's pissing her off. she keeps looking at the entrance of the building every time the door opens, which makes me guess that she's waiting on someone. my brothers talk to me, but i can't take my eyes off this girl. good thing i'm great at hiding my staring, although it didn't matter since she didn't look at me.

she ordered something from the waitress, but part of me wanted to just go sit with her. she seemed so alone and sad, maybe she wanted someone to hang out with her? or another possibility could be that she came here alone to get away from everyone. either way, i decided to be nice and try. i whispered to nick and chris while pointing out how the girl is sitting alone.

"yeah i noticed." nick whispers as he leans across the table. "i feel so bad."

"me too," i whisper, taking another glance at her.

"she ordered a root beer float, matt. this is like a calling for you to go to her. it's meant to be," chris starts.

"he was trying to be nice, chris. it isn't like that," nick rolls his eyes.

"it was a joke." chris deadpans. "duh"

"alright, i'm going. you guys coming?" i ask. they nod and i stand up to walk to her table. her eyes immediately look at me when i stand in front of her and she turns off her phone and puts it down on the table. "hey," i start. god, i feel so awkward. "can we sit here with you? if... no one is sitting here," i say. i sound 10x more awkward right now.

"sure!" she smiles, nick, chris, and i all pulling out a chair and sitting down. "what are your names?" she asks. she sounds so sweet and it's just what i expected her to be. she's so pretty and i felt so bad seeing her sit alone.

"i'm matt," i say.

"i'm nick and that's chris," nick says, smacking chris' arm to tell him to get off his phone.

"ow! what the fuck, nick?" he exclaims. 

"get off your phone."

"what's your name?" i ask her.

"y/n," she smiles. her smile is gorgeous too. i ignore my phone buzzing in my pocket, i already know it was chris texting to the group chat.

"i love that name," nick smiles.

"thank you," she smiles wider. "i'm assuming you guys are triplets?" she says.

"yep," chris chimes in. "at least you already knew, most people don't even know we're related."

"i could tell since the second i saw all of your faces," she smiles. we all laugh.

"did you order already?" i ask her.

"just this root beer float that i'm still waiting on." she giggles. "but no. i was waiting for someone but they're ghosting me i guess." she shakes her head.

"aw, that's fucked up." i say. "well now you have us here. i might get a root beer float too it sounds good. root beer is my favorite drink." i smile at her.

y/n's pov

he likes root beer too? i LOVE root beer! 

"really? me too! it's so good," i smile. his smile is so cute, they're so nice for coming to sit with me.

"yesss i love it too." he smiles as he looks at the menu. "are you getting anything to eat though?" i ask.

"uh... i don't know." she says, picking up the menu and looking through it.

"hey guys, can i get you all something to drink?" the waitress asks.

"uh, i'll take a root beer float please," i say.

"oh, i forgot to tell you," the waitress says, looking at me. "we ran out of root beer, neither of you could get the floats, is there anything else you want?" she asks.

"uh..." i say, frantically trying to find the milkshake menu before matt hands it to me. "oh thanks." i say as i look at it, trying to find something. "an oreo milkshake please," i smile.

"i'll do the same," matt says to the waitress. she nods and looks at nick while waiting for him to order.

"oh sorry i wasn't paying attention." nick says as he looks up from his phone. "i'll take the strawberry milkshake." 

"alright, and for you?" she asks, turning to chris.

"pepsi please," he nods as the waitress walks away.

we all have small talk and drink our milkshakes when they come out. he's so nice.

"ready for the check guys?" the waitress asks. we all collectively nod and she continues. "together or separate?"

"sep-"

"together," matt interrupts with a smile.

"are you sure?" i ask. it's so nice of him to pay for my drink.

"yeah," he smiles.

"thank you so much, you guys are so nice," i smile at them.

"no problem." they all say with smiles.

before leaving, i give each of them a hug and thank them for making my day better. we even got each other's instagram's and i noticed that they have a LOT of followers. 

we had many group chats for all four of us to send reels to each other in, we exchanged snapchats, and even phone numbers so we could hang out again over a few months. matt facetimed me a few times, which turned into every night, and it was so sweet. i really like him.

we started to hang out all the time, they really liked me and i loved them. matt asked me out a few months later and i said yes of course. now we've been dating for two months. that's the story on how i met matt and his brothers, the best story i have to tell.

💌

this one is so fucking weird but i randomly thought of it so oh well lmao

sorry for the fast ending i didn't know how else to end it 😭😭

guys i don't fucking know how shake shack works ik there's prolly not a waitress but idgaf so pls ignore it if it bothers u ig. there are shake shacks where i live but i've never been to one so i literally have no idea. i also didn't proofread.

love u

<3