The briefing

There is a little time skip because I didn't really know what to write around the few episodes between "Wookie hunt" and the Umbara episodes so here we go with Umbara.

Ahsoka was going to a meeting with her Master, Master Kenobi, Rex and Cody. After a few days of completing reports and occasionally reviewing holo-books she never finished as a youngling, she was ready for some action.

She entered the room and found Obi-Wan and Cody studying a map. Anakin and Rex were nowhere in sight.

"Good morning, Master Kenobi. Good morning, Cody," she said as she approached them. 

"Morning, Commander Tano," Cody replied. Obi-Wan nodded but didn't provide any further response. 

"What's the mission?"

"I'll tell you when Anakin and Captain Rex are here." Obi-Wan answered.

"I don't believe Anakin will be here anytime soon." 

 "What makes you think so?"

"Since I've known him, he's only come to a meeting on time once, maybe twice," she said. 

"He better come to this one on time."

"By the way, how was your sparring session?" Ahsoka asked, changing the toppic. 

"It was great. Commander Cody here turned out to be a natural with a lightsaber."

Cody looked down shyly at his general's unexpected praise. "Thanks, sir."

"And how did you spend your day off?" Obi-Wan asked Ahsoka curiously.

"Oh, I was just hanging out with the 501s. So don't be surprised if Anakin cries about sand in his shoes."

"I see, as usual, you can't go a day without pulling a prank on someone. Where did you even get the sand? There's not a lot of sand on Coruscant." 

"Padmé gave me sand as a thank you for helping her with something. After all, she was the one who told me about his unfriendly relationship with sand."

 "Cody, if Senator Amidala gives you sand, please don't put it in my shoes." Obi-Wan said jokingly to Cody, knowing that his commander would never pull a prank on him. 

"I can't promise you anything, sir." Cody teased him in return. 

"Don't make me ask for your transfer to another general." 

"Actually, it would make my life a lot easier to serve a general who is less involved with General Skywalker and his troops."

"Come on, Cody, we're not that bad." Rex walked in.

"No offense, Rex, but you are that bad."

"That's not what you told me when you wanted half of my chocolate cookie."

"It's not," Cody said in agreement. "I told you that you could sleep in my room and you agreed."

"I did so only because I needed..."

"Cody, Rex. I don't care about cookies or where you sleep but you two are giving me a headache." Obi-Wan stepped in.