Chapter 5: Part 1

Something strange in the neighborhood

              Friday, 6:30am

 Lia woke up to the loud sound of a truck and people mumbling outside of her house. She was confused by how early it was, and she was wondering what was happening. She stood out of bed to go to the window and saw a moving van with people surrounding her house removing boxes from the vehicle. Lia was very confused about why her new neighbor wanted to move so early, but then she shrugged it off and went downstairs and decided to make her favorite breakfast.

                                              (Bahn mi)

Lia thinks to herself while eating her Bahn mi "I wonder who my new neighbor will be hopefully she is nice

Lia thinks to herself while eating her Bahn mi "I wonder who my new neighbor will be hopefully she is nice." 

    Friday, 7:13am

 The noises just got louder as more trucks entered the neighborhood. "What the hell are they doing? They're legit driving me insane, and on a Friday, ugh! "Lia storms out of her apartment to ask the people outside to work more quietly. "Hey! Can you please keep it down, people? It is so early in the morning. "She says pissed off, but all of a sudden a tall man turned around, and Lia's jaw dropped seeing that her new neighbor was her professor, Mr. Bernard.

"O-oh, Mr. Bernard... Haha, what a nice surprise! I didn't know you were my new neighbor." She says it awkwardly. "Didn't you get a notification on your phone about the neighborhood?" He says this, looking dumbfounded at her. "Oh, well, I am not on that app, so I didn't know you were..my neighbor," she stutters. Mr. Bernard mumbles "Well, this is going to be months of torture with her here." "Excuse me!?" Lia replied, "Oh, nothing!" and gave an awkward smile. Lia looks at him weirdly and says, "Well, uhm, just ask your people to keep the noise down." "You are not telling me what to do." He says. "Excuse me? We are not on campus, and you have no right to speak to me like you are above me. "Well, I am sweetie." He interrupts her. "Now move. My team is helping me move into my new house. I will never call you my neighbor." Lia stares at him for a second, processing what he just said to her: "You are a disgusting human. You have no utter respect. You are just stuck and egotistical, but you are just a man with a degree. If you didn't have a f***ing degree, you would be nothing." "Look who's talking." He smirks at her, "You, I can fail you anytime, dear. Don't play with me, because you have me for 2 years, Mademoiselle. I can make your life a living hell." He smirks again at her. "I don't care. I wouldn't want to be a near person like you in my life. You low life baffoon. I hope you have a good rest of your day." Lia walks away disappointed without looking back at him.

Mr. Bernard wanted to say something but paused.

(Mr. Bernard POV) "Man, I'm such a f***king jerk. I'm supposed to be her professor, but I'm treating her more like an enemy, and I don't know why." He thinks to himself, "She is supposed to look up to me, but I am just being terrible to everyone who is kind to me. Why do I have to be like this?"