Chapter Seven

Narrator (third pov) 

As Queen Elena was telling the group about the Fallen Heroes, down in the village, in one of the town houses. A different kind of gathering was happening. "This is boring." Sasha the second Demon Lord said. Sasha is a young demon but stronger than most elder demons. She looks like she could be a child, she does act like one but I assure you, she's not a child. Sasha continues to talk, not knowing that the one she's talking to, isn't listening. 

Across from her sitting at a table was the lowest of the Demon Lords, Zubakova ZestyAlpha. Their name is a mouth full so most call him Alpha. Unlike the rest of the Demon Lords, they don't appear often. Not that they could, by the way they look. Alpha is much older than even the Demon King but still weaker than most of the demon Lords. The demon lords are the Demon King's inner circle, there's only five and Alpha is number five, the lowest out of them all.

Sasha turns to look at Alpha, "Are you even listening to me?" She was annoyed and was ready to fight them. 

Alpha had their head laying against their chair, they sat their head up "sorry did you say something, I wasn't listening?" Even though you couldn't see their face, you could feel the smirk underneath their helmet.

Sasha rolls her eyes, "why does he always put us together?" 

"Because you two work well together." Out of a shadow cloud, Diavolo, the Demon King walks out of it. The shadow vanished, both Lords were surprised. They were surprised by how young Diavolo looked. 

There's a forbidden spell, which allows the caster to become younger, look younger. Diavolo looks at both his Lords and the power he holds puts much pressure on them, putting them on their knees. "My King, I meant no disrespect on what I-"

"I do not care about your feelings towards Alpha, his relationships with humans and his fighting skills is why he's a Demon Lord. You work well together when you two battle. You are still very young, you could learn a lot from Alpha." Diavolo told Sasha. Diavolo turns to look out the window, "this new look should allow me to get close to Aries." 

The Lords raised their heads, Alpha spoke before Sasha could, "why her? Don't you need to get your son on your side, so you could give him the curse?" 

Diavolo's bloodline had darkness flowing in it, you are not born with it. You are born with the ability for it but you can't fully use it until the curse is complete. Finishing the curse rips humanity from you but that doesn't mean you can't gain it back. When Diavolo's father finished the curse on Diavolo, he went on a rampage and started the war. But as years went by, Diavolo started to gain some of his humanity back. 

"I need Aries first. She is the key to ending this war. Luna not only gave her powerful magic but she also placed a seal on the other two Fallon Heroes. When they reincarnate, they won't have their original magic, unless Aries breaks the seal." 

Diavolo confused them, "I don't understand?" Sasha said.

A dark star appeared in Diavolo's hand, "Jonathan and Len are the reincarnated heroes, I felt it when I met them. Queen Elena will wait for the Eclipse then she will sacrifice Aries, just like her people did to Luna but instead of sending Aries to the void. Queen Elena will kill Aries." 

"Won't the void reopen during the Eclipse, so couldn't Luna escape?" Alpha asked. 

The dark star in Diavolo's hand started to glow a crimson red in the middle, "she could but-" Diavolo tilts his head back towards them, "I already have a plan for that." 

▪︎₩▪︎ 

Night had fallen and Aries had left the palace on her walk. Damien watched her leave but did not follow; he had other plans. He went to Elena's chambers. The door to her room was open, Elena was looking at her kingdom's map. "Now what brings you into my chambers so late at night?" She asked him but her eyes never left her map.