Chapter Nine

Aries pov

I've been sitting at the piano, playing the same note over and over again. It's been three days since the palace has been attacked and Len hasn't woken up. I was able to heal her but she's in a coma. "Hey." Damien said as he walked over and sat next to me. "How are you feeling?" 

"Frustrated. How did I not know about the palace being attacked, I could've help and maybe Len-" 

"Stop trying to blame yourself. The attack wasn't your fault, besides someone was in your room. I could feel their magic in there." He told me. "I just don't understand why they attacked Len, why her?" 

That's been on everyone's mind. "It doesn't make sense. Why attack her and shield me?" I shock my head. "How is Jonathan doing?" I asked.

"He hasn't left her side. He was able to get Len out of there but he feels like he has failed her." 

I stood up, "going to take a walk." 

Damien stood up after me, "you have been doing that a lot. Are you meeting with someone in the village?" He questions me. 

"No." I lied. "Walks just help clear my head." I don't think he believes me but he lets me go without another word. 

Every day there's less and less people out. Since the attack, the kingdom has been on high alert and it should be. But I can't help to know this is my fault, I should've told them about Diavolo. Even though I know this, I still haven't told them. Diavolo and I were walking around the farms and the stables. "How's your friend?" He asked.

"She still hasn't woken up. Which I don't understand, I thought when I healed her, she would be fine." I felt the tears. "I don't get it, there's no one who can help me understand." 

"I want to take you somewhere." He told me. "Don't worry, it's in the walls of the kingdom. It will help you feel calm." 

I nodded and he took me away from the farmlands, through the village. There was this pink path to an area underneath the church. It was a pond with beautiful hanging plants and flowers around the pond. "This looks like a place to take your lover." I joked.

"It is very pink and looks like a romantic place but it can also be a relaxing, calm place." He told me as we walked around the pond. I stopped and stared at a stone wall, I was feeling a pull to it. The wall itself had nothing on it, there wasn't anything unusual about it. "What, why are you staring at this wall so intensely?" Diavolo asked me. 

"I-I don't know. Just feel this warmth pull to it." I could also feel this great amount of magic within the wall. "There's something on the other side of this wall." 

Diavolo came over, "it's been here?" I turned to him and he looked annoyed. "Of course it has." 

"What, what are you talking about?" 

"The portal to the void. There were rumors that it might be here but I didn't think-" he laughs to himself. "You can feel the magic from it because of your connection to Luna." Diavolo turns away and punches the wall. Why was he so angry about it? I know there are things that I don't even know.

"Isn't it a good thing they have the portal?" 

Diavolo chuckles to himself then turns back to look at me. "If they have the portal means their relationship with Luna is a lie. I would be careful around Queen Elena, her intentions could be negative." He started to walk away. 

I turned around, "why did you shield me from the palace attack?" I knew it was him who did it. I also know by asking that I was also letting him know that I knew who he was.