Chapter 1: The Call and the reunion

The Rivera family was now at home together at a family dinner, at least most of them, in a study near the living room was Diego Rivera and was on the phone with a very wealthy client and wrote down a few things on his father's desk. "I'm telling you, Mr. Reagan, you can't find a better 2003 Charger than the one I showed you."

His mother, Esmeralda Rivera, walked into the study where she saw her son still working while dinner was just done and was awaiting diego to sit with them, she leaned against the door and cleared her throat. "Diego, put the phone down and come eat with your family, work can wait." She said looking at her son, Esmeralda Rivera was the matriarch of the family.

"In a second, mama, i'll be right there, just let me finish up this deal." Diego said looking at his mother softly whilst holding the phone away from his ear, he was about to go back to the deal when his father came into the study.

"Diego Fernando Carmen Carlos Rivera, listen to your mother." Fernando said sternly yet softly, he placed a hand on his wife's back and rubbed it softly, Diego nodded before sighing.

"I'll call you back, Mr. Reagan, yes we'll continue the deal tomorrow. Happy fourth of july." He said hanging up the phone before sitting down at the dinner table as he kissed the head of Gabriella's head, his daughter. "Sorry everyone, a client called." He apologized getting his plate and looking at everyone with a smile.

"Don't worry mi hijo, your father did the same thing sometimes before he retired, every day you look even more similar," Esmeralda said, giggling a little. "Well, if we talk about 'similarities', your daughter is similar to you in the fact of 'arriving late to dinner'," he remarked, laughing with his daughter, but not before earning a bonk on the head from his mother. His father tried not to laugh infront of his wife which of course Esmeralda gave him a look.

And speaking of the devil, the door of the house was suddenly opened and Rosa Rivera, Diego's sister, entered. "I'm sorry for the delay, mi familia, but the traffic was very heavy," Rosa said as she greeted each member of the family and hugged her niece and mother, she kissed the top of her head and kissed her papa's cheek.

The Rivera family was now spending quality time eating and laughing together but suddenly and without warning their fun was interrupted by the ringing of the telephone "Way to spoil the fun," Rosa said leaning against her seat and took a sip of her wine, "Don't worry, I'll get" Diego said as he got up and walked over to the phone to answer the call as the others watched from afar at the table.

"Hello, Rivera Family Home, Diego Rivera speaking" Diego said when answering, "What, How? That's not possible. I just saw him not too long ago." Diego responded somewhat upset, which alerted his family, "Ok we'll be there" He said dejectedly as he hung up the phone and turned back around to head back to the table.

"Mijo, what's wrong? Did something happen?" Esmeralda asked when she saw Diego's sad face.

"Coach Buzzer has.... he has....." Diego couldn't find the words to say it, "He has what Diego?" asked Fernando now a bit worried and confused looking at his son.

Diego didn't want to say it but in the end he got it out of his chest. "Coach buzze has passed away." he said causing his family to looked shocked and suprised at the sudden news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rivera family had arrived to their hometown, they arrived at the church where they saw everyone walking inside of the church then Diego saw Marcus Higgins, one of his old friends from the old days, talking to a chick by one of the cars. "Come on baby, after the funeral you and I could go drown our sorrows in a bar or maybe at the motel." He said which only got the chick to slap him in the face and she left somewhere.