Chapter 2: The lake house

The families and friends finally pulled up to the Hernshaw lakehouse, the first one there was the Riveras then the feders and then the rest arrived at the lakehouse. Diego then got out of his car and noticed rob & gloria getting out of theirs. "Its nice, you drove your piggy bank here." He said which caused his friend to turn and stare at him frowning.

"Hey." He said offended which Lenny mimicked him, soon everyone got out of their vehicles, The rivera family looked around remember the memories they had here and soon Gabriella would have those memories alongside with them. Fernando looked down at the lake and thought of all the fish he could catch with his fishing rod.

"This is where me and your auntie Rosa stayed when we were your age, we had an amazing time here when we were kids." Diego said looking down at Gabriella then back at the beautiful cabin, Gabriella held onto her papa's and abuela's hands. They walked to the front door hearing some buzzing noise. "Daddy, what is that machine doing?" Becky asked looking at the bug zapper that was getting the bugs and moths, all the kids including gabriella looked at the zapper.

"It's getting rid of the moths honey." Lemmy told her, trying to gently tell her it was killing them.

"Where is it taking them?" Becky asked innocently and cutely at most, she remind diego of when Gabriella was her age.

"Hell." Higgins said walking around them. "Don't say that higgins" Lenny said warningly not looking at his friend whilst going up to the porch

"Oh, I'm sorry. Not hell, Mexico."

Then everyone was yelling about electrocuting and stuff. Soon, lenny just unplugged the machine which caused everyone to calm down slowly whilst watching what lenny might do next. "Come on, look at this guy." He picked up one of the moths from off the bars of the machine and held it up between his two fingers, throwing it in the air with a "Whee..." to try and show the kids that it wasn't dead. But instead it dropped to the floor with a gentle thud.

"All right, it's still sleeping." Fernando said crouching down to Becky's Height with a grandfatherly look on his face, Becky slowly smiled at him then back at her dad.

"It's Dead, mr. Rivera" Greg said Roxanne pitches him causing Diego & Fernando to roll their eyes at the boy. "Ow!" Greg said rubbing his arm and looked at his mother

"Ooh a porch swing. I know what I'm doing this weekend." The voice of Mama Ronzino called from the back of their group, pushing her way through them-subsequently pushing Keithie to the feet of them and then quickly making her way over to the porch swing, which had clearly boosted her excitement, on the way of doing so, the woman had also subsequently squashed the moth on the floor into a splodge of mush.

Lenny looked down at the dead "Now he's dead." After the rather uncomfortable reception that occurred at the front door, the five families finally entered where they would be staying for the weekend-or the night in the case of the Feder family. "Welcome back to 1978 everybody, The Lake House." Rob greeted them at the door having deserted the group long before they began discussing moths.

Before anyone could get into their awe and amazement about the lakehouse, the sound of a motorcycle coming down into the lakehouse with the rest of the vehicles. Everyone immediately came out to see who had arrived at the lakehouse only to see a woman riding a motorcycle who, when she took off her helmet, it was Valentina who the rivera, minus Rosa & esmeralda, family was suprised about seeing.

"Hello Everyone, Sorry for the delay" said Valentina, greeting everyone with a nod and she dismounted her motorcycle which Diego watched her very carefully with Gabriella behind him. Rosa watched this from the sidelines, she was happy to see her again but worried what her brother might think, she didn't exactly care what her brother might do since she is the reason that Valentina had come to the lakehouse.

"Why are you here, Reyes? How did you get here?" Diego questioned crossing his arms at Valentina, his friends knew of Valentina but none of their wives knew who she was nor why she was here, Gabriella was getting ever curious about the woman and her papa's past.

"Rosa wanted me to come, so i did, Diego." Valentina told him, Rosa walked forward and gave her a side hug that diego gave her a look that basically said 'we'll talk about this later, sister.'.

"I thought it would be nice if Val stay with us in the Lake House, could you please let her stay just for the week." she said looking at her brother with an almost pleading look, Diego could never deny his sister when she did her cute eyes that worked on him since he was a boy and he groaned and finally sighed. "Fine, fine, just for the week but thats it, after that she leaves." He said smiling a little bit causing them both to sigh in relief and nodded.

Soon afterwards, everyone got back inside after that whole moment happened, Rob and Gloria had written out which room the families will have, they soon arrived infront of the second biggest bedroom in the lakehouse.

"Okay Here's The big daddy. The Master Bedroom." Rob said introducing the master bedroom to everyone, opening its door to the bedroom and everyone stared at the room in awe and amazement.

"You know what? Lenny or Diego should have that, lenny should have that." Eric pointed out, Diego and lenny shared a look together whilst everyone agreed that lenny should get the master bedroom, Roxanne then walked into the room as lenny watched. "Oh, no, no, no. Honey. Honey. Come on, let the kids have it." Lenny told his wife, Roxanne stared at lenny, trying to decide if the kids should have the master bedroom.

"It's a fun time, for the kids to be together, and they can do kids' things."  Diego said which lenny and his parents agreed with diego, Roxanne only could smile at them then looked at the kids. "Come on, go share it. Share the master bedroom." Lenny said as the kids, including Gabriella, and rita went into the bedroom where rita had a few bags in her arms then rosa leaned into Diego's ear and whispered quietly to him.

"I bet you 20 bucks that Rita is the nanny." She whispered with a smirk, Rosa and Valentina watched as rita placed the bags down on the floor, Valentina was watching Gabriella with the other kids with a sorta longing and regret in her eyes. "Oh, you're so on, hermana." Diego whispered with a grin on his face which both Rosa and Valentina heard him.

Greg knocked on the back of the old styled tv which caught the attention of Diego & Lenny along with the other parents. "Hey dad. What's the big box attached to the back of the TV?" The feder sons stared at the tv in confusion. "That's the rest of the tv, Greg." Lenny said, the other parents smiled softly at the memory of their childhoods.

"That is some stone age shiznet." Keithie said, looking at the back of the tv in amazement, making diego and his family chuckle. "Yeah... yeah thats whack." Diego said with a amused look.

"I need a room with heat" Mama Ronzino said to Rob, which kurt and the rest of the families turned to face Mama and Rob. "It's summer. It's like 95 degrees in here." Kurt said stating the fact to his mother in law, who rolled her eyes and looked at her daughter. "There he goes again" Mama Ronzino said scoffing at Her son in law. "I got bunions."

"You know, I actually have a poultice I make, using maize and herbs." Rob said walking to Mama Ronzino. Which higgins sighed and looked at everyone "Just say corn. Maize is corn, everybody." Higgins said to everyone.

"Yeah, he says maize because it sounds more mystical."

"Well, I like the way he said it. "Maize". "Lenny said causing a few of his friends to laugh and held amused looks on his face.

"Maize."

"Maize."

"Maize." Diego, Eric and higgins said at the same time looking at Rob, Fernando & Esmerald held amused looks but kept quiet about the whole thing. "It's fantastic, okay?" Rob said to Mama Ronzino but his friends continued to say the word 'Maize' jokely. "It's a-maize-ing." Diego said making the others laugh including Rosa & Valentina.

"I just spread it on cloth and I moisten and heat it... ...and then I apply it directly to the affected area." Rob said, Mama Ronzino nodded before looking down to her feet, "Okay. Well, my affected area is pretty big." Mama Ronzino said taking her shoe off showing her affected area making Bean screamed and runs into the room with the other kids.

"Mama, I didn't know the Elephant Man lived in your shoe." Lenny said looking at the affected area as did the others,. "How in the world's anybody supposed to get some sleep....knowing they under the same roof as Toe-be Bryant over here?" Kurt said making Mama Ronzino stand up and spoke "You're stepping over the line, woman"