Scaredy Cat

Summary: Who knew carving a pumpkin could be so damn difficult?

Warnings: swearing, Tony's precious kitchen is destroyed

Pairings: Natasha Romanoff x reader (romantic), Avengers x reader (platonic)

↠↠↠

"Noooooo! Natty! That's not right!!!!!!!!"

"I don't know what you want from me, detka!!!"

↠↠↠

"Natalia Alianovna Romanoff!!! Put down the knife right now!"

"NO!!!! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO GAVE IT TO ME AFTER THE TINY ONE BROKE!!! NOW LET ME DO IT!!!"

↠↠↠

"What're you guys doing?" Steve asked, as he entered the living room. Inside was the entire team of Avengers, who look like they're looking at... Natasha and you...?

"We're watching Natasha and Y/N carve a pumpkin." Wanda explained, never taking her eyes off the screen.

"What? What's so interesting about that?"

"Y/N bought a pumpkin for them to carve but Nat's trying to carve a scary face in it and Y/N wants to make it look like a cat." Clint answered.

"What? Are they carving one singular pumpkin?"

"Yup," Tony said, distractedly

"Why don't they just carve two different pumpkins?"

"Y/N/N thought it would be a nice couples thing... Popcorn?" he offered.

"Sure... why not." Steve grabbed a handful as he sat next to Bucky and Sam.

↠↠↠

"Will you quit trying to make it look scary?!" you screeched, horrified at the face your cat was making.

"Stop trying to hold me back!!! I want a scary pumpkin!!!" Natasha yelled, raising her knife.

"Do not try to threaten me!"

"I wasn't trying to!!" Natasha argued back.

"Then don't raise your knife at me!"

"I wasn't!"

"DO NOT LIE TO ME!!!!" You seethed.

"Whatever!!! Just carve the stupid pumpkin!"

"You know what, no."

"No?"

"I have a better idea..."

↠↠↠

The team looked confused, as the security camera cut out. "What? What happened??" Sam asked, his mouth stuffed with popcorn.

"No idea..." Tony said, just as confused. "F.R.I.D.A.Y. run a diagnostic scan."

"It appears that the security camera has been disconnected by Miss L/N." F.R.I.D.A.Y. responded.

"Can't you connect it again?" Thor asked, cradling his poptarts.

"It appears to have been done manually,"

"What does that mean?" Bucky asked.

"It means that Y/N either cut the wire or just ripped the whole thing out." Tony said, "knowing Y/N, it'll be the latter one. F.R.I.D.A.Y. can you order more cables for the security cams?"

"Already done, sir."

Before the team could say another word, they heard a huge crash and bang coming from the kitchen. Quickly, they ran towards the sound, only to the entire kitchen covered in pumpkin guts. The top to bottom, ceiling to floor, the entire room was covered. You and Natasha fared no better, Natasha had guts in her hair while you had pumpkin seeds and guts stuck to your clothes and caked onto your skin.

"What the fuck happened in here?!" Tony let out a shrill cry as he looked at his beloved kitchen.

"Well, Nat and I couldn't figure out how to carve our pumpkin so we just started flinging the pumpkin's guts at each other." you answered, wiping away some of the guts from your eyes. Natasha looked at you and smiled, before helping you wipe it all away.

"Who knew a pumpkin had so much inside of it." Natasha commented.

"I know right?!"

"So, did you guys end up choosing between a cat or a scary face?" Bruce asked.

"Yeah, we... wait, how did you know what faces we were choosing?" you questioned, looking at them suspiciously. "Oh my god! Were you spying on us?!"

"Noooooooo..." they all declined quickly.

"Uh huh... right..." Natasha said, unconvinced.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. said you disconnected the security feed. Please tell me you didn't rip the wires to shreds." Tony said, still gaping at what was once his immaculate kitchen.

"Nope, just disconnected it so you guys couldn't see what we were doing. After Nat and I clean up, I'm gonna go save a couple copies of the feed." you said.

"Oh, yeah! Bruce, to answer your question, we did end up choosing the pumpkin's face." you said, picking it up and showing it off.

"So you picked the cat face?" Wanda asked.

"And the scary face." you added, turning the pumpkin around to show Natasha's terrifying carving. "May I present to you, Scaredy Cat."

"That's pretty cute." Clint complimented.

"Thanks..." Natasha responded.

"Why Scaredy Cat?" Thor asked.

"Because it has a scary face and it's a cat. What's so hard to understand?" you asked.

"Yeah, exactly. What's so hard to understand? Now if you'll excuse me, my girlfriend and I need to shower." Natasha said, dragging you away.

"What?! No!! Clean this up!!" Tony said, still having a meltdown about his kitchen.

"What was that, Stark? Too far away can't hear you! Love you! Byeeeeeeeee!!" you said, as Natasha cackled, along with you.

↠↠↠

822 words