1-Monday

🧂🧂🧂

Where is she?

Salt looked around, anxious, for her best friend. She was clearly nervous for her first day, especially since she didn't have the best reputation from middle school. She used to be overly obsessed about this guy named OJ. Yes, she still liked him a lot, but she was almost positive he didn't like her back. She was extremely creepy in middle school. Salt even remembered a time when she snuck into the changing rooms just to watch OJ take him shirt off...so, yeah, she wasn't proud of herself. Salt was actually shocked that Pepper was still her friend, even after everything she had done. Salt could see all the annoyed, disgusted, and cringed looks from everyone passing by her. There was the an occasional name-calling or someone throwing something at her. But Salt just ignored them and continued to wait for Pepper. What else was she to do? She couldn't say anything to them, because then they would get the idea that Salt cared. Which she didn't. ...ok she cared a little. A lot, actually. Okay, fine, she could not care more. The insults and everything made her want to crawl up in a little ball and die. OJ and Pepper were the only two people who stopped her from actually doing that. But OJ definitely hated her, and Pepper would get bullied because of her being friends with Salt. 

"Hey!" A familiar voice called from behind. When Salt turned around, it, sure enough, was Pepper. She had her usual tight—ponytail hairstyle that bounced when she ran. She was wearing the school uniform, paired with two black and white bracelets on her arms. Pepper hugged Salt as soon as she was close enough, resulting in many disgusted faces from the people around them.

"Hiya!" Salt said, returning the hug. After a moment the hug broke, and the two friends started walking to home room. 

"So, how's  life at home been?" Salt asked. "Your brother still annoying?" 

"Yeah.." Salt sighed. "He's been away for summer camp for a few months, but he's supposed to come home sometime this week." 

"Huh." Pepper said, clearly not really listening. The girls stood before home room, gave each other a smile and a nod, and Salt opened the door. As soon as she did so, all eyes were on the two. Pepper and Salt uncomfortably walked over to the back two row seats, ignoring the whispers and stares. 

Just the start of a four—year—long—hell.

🧪🧪🧪

Home room. The worst part of highschool. At least to everyone but TestTube. TestTube found home room to be one of the best. She didn't understand why nobody thought the same. she thought home room taught everyone the most. TestTube adjusted her glasses, opened her text book, and flipped to the page that the white board had written on it—page 32. TestTube sat patiently as she scanned through the page. A strand of Her fluffy light green hair drifted infront of her eyes, and she pushed it away with her hand. TestTube looked up from the textbook and looked around, hoping to see Fan. Sure enough, he was sitting not too far away, sneak texting or sneak blogging. TestTube shook her head slowly and smiled to herself. Fan could never go a few minutes without some type of screen in his hand. TestTube didn't understand it, but who was she to judge? Besides, as long as he didn't get caught or didn't fail anything, there was nothing entirely wrong with that, at least to TestTube. It might not be the same for the teachers. Before TestTube could do anything or go back to studying, her phone chirped. It wasn't loud, but loud enough for just her to hear it. She grabbed it out of her pocket and checked her inbox. A message from Fan. 

Fanny: Im so boredddddd

Fanny: do Yiu wana ditch w/me? 

TestTube stared at the message for a moment, quickly looked around for the teacher, and, when nobody was watching, texted back.