7:THE PILLAR, IS FAMILY

Chapter 7*
Ralph staggered around his room for a moment. Was it shock or guilt? Alonzo walked in shutting the door behind him. Raphael stared at him silently. Alonzo shrugged and switched on the TV.
"I told you I would prove you wrong. I did but I underestimated Alistair. He really loves you. They all do love you" he paused walking over to his friend who was at the verge of crying.
"You shouldn't feel guilty Raph, it is pretty normal to feel unwanted and lonely sometimes. But now you know, your family and I are the people who are going to hold you up all the time" he sighed pocketing "I wish you had seen Alist, he was breathing fire. If he was a dragon or some guy with super powers. The whole city would have turned into ashes."
"I saw him at least, his eyes were bloodshot. He looked strong and fierce, I was scared for a moment but as soon he saw me he changed immediately and hugged me. I have never felt more loved and cared for like today" Raphael's voice was strained and guilty.
"Your father, Clarabelle and Linda was so scared. You should have seen how the city was cleared just for the troops to pass through and find you"
"Where did you get those me from anyway?" Raph asked curiously.
Alonzo sat on the sofa one leg over the other, he stared at his friend bossily.

"I met them back in country X, we worked together in small hustles. Most of them are car dealers and peddlers. I promised them some good cash to play the role of kidnappers. And lure Alist over. It was a good play"
"Are they safe?"
"They are, they painted the scene as just gangsters after money. Alistair wouldn't dig much, besides he is not the like to ran after cowards" Alonzo stated calmly.
Raph sat down on the bed and sighed "the shock was huge but now, am sure I got family. I got people I can run back to. Even if my mother cares no more. Actually she never cared"
"You are lucky you got family Raphael, I was alone. All my life and still am I only got you and your father is a good man" he paused interlocking his fingers and leaned forward "I read something something in a novel... Clarabelle's actually. It says sometimes we are too engrossed in fighting for love from other people and we never see those who have their arms wide open to embrace us. We just need to walk into their arms and stop chasing the wind. I think that is what we should do"
"I understand. I had no idea you read novels." Raphael teased
"Oh, I do. THE LACE TO MY SHOE is my favourite"
"You even know the tittle? Wow, what is it about?"
"A young girl who was born a Mafia. She was cold and silent, she was busy satisfying her father's needs as a daughter of a Mafia. She was thirty when she realised she was not yet married, had never fallen in love and didn't know how to love. She tried to find love but, she kicked the men away they annoyed her. Especially a young man who knew not much other than music. He fell in love with her but didn't know how to. She was calm trying to be patient with him. She learnt how to feel and say what she felt. Then one time she felt she's losing, she told him to leave and never show himself to her again" he paused grinning inwardly as he noticed how attentive Raphael was.
"You know what the guy did?"
Raphael shook his head.
"He knelt down and removed the lace of her one boot and said. Sometimes we wonder why we are always running and when we look back we are in the same spot we were before. Then we realize our boots are too loose and the laces are nowhere to be seen. It drags us behind. You know, a lace seems to be something insignificant when we think about it deeply but it's significant can't be fulfilled by any other thing.
Then the guy concluded. I got your lace, I am your shoe lace... I might seem of no importance to you but when you will look around and you see me and am not there, you will understand why something as small as a shoe lace missing can make your day too dark "
Rachel was amazed "did Clarabelle write that?"
"She did"
"Wow, I think I will start reading too"
"You should, her inspiration is amazing. Am heading back home. You should sleep"
"Should I ask Steve to send you off?"
"Worry not" he stood up grinning cockily "I hired a chauffeur "
Raph lifted his hands in surrender "my bad ...
"Sleep kiddo, you got a guy who needs whipping tomorrow"
He walked out of the room and shut the door.