Chapter 4

Noah's P.O.V

I knew it was a bad idea. Every inch of my being was telling me to run back & hide. But I pressed on. I fiddled with the hem of my sweater vest. I remember being dragged through these very woods, gun to my head the last time I was on this island. I remember Bridgette being about to scream, but the killer pressed the gun to her throat & hissed, "You better shut up, or I'll kill your boyfriend & make you watch." I shuddered at the memory. I wasn't particularly close to either Geoff or Bridgette, but I didn't envy Bridgette's position then. If someone ever even threatened to hurt Emma-

"You! Shrimp! C'mon, we're falling behind." It was one of the newbies, Anne Maria. I had only known her for 5 minutes, yet she was already grating on my nerves. I quickened my pace & locked away the memories that I dredged up from the back of my mind. Nearby, Staci was chattering away about....something. I honestly wasn't paying attention. Suddenly, the chattering stopped. I turned & saw that Staci was gone. "Staci?" Zoey, another newbie, began looking around. "Where did that girl wander off to?" said Leshawna. "Are we so sure she wandered off?" said Trent darkly. An ear-piercing scream in the distance answered his question. For a minute, the only thing I could hear was my heart hammering against my ribcage. Time seemed to freeze. Then, as suddenly as a gunshot, we all scattered. I rushed through the woods, not exactly sure where I was going, but sure as hell that I needed to get away. I could hear the clicking of Anne Maria's heels in the distance, suddenly stopping as another scream of terror cut through the night air. I looked ahead & saw Geoff & Bridgette cowering behind a bush as an ominous figure loomed over them, holding a knife aloft.

My blood turned to ice in my veins. I was rooted to the spot. Suddenly, a rush of adrenaline flooded me. I began to run towards them, but I was too late. Geoff had thrown himself in front of Bridgette & paid the price. His blood was now spattered all over her bright blue hoodie. She just stood there, too shocked too react. "BRIDGETTE!" I yelled out, bolting towards her, but the killer brought his knife down on her as well. He turned to face me, an expression of pure madness on his face. I backed away slowly, fear paralysing me. He thrust his knife forward, slashing my sweater vest as a crimson spot bloomed across my chest.

A/N: I'm back from the dead! So sorry about the long wait, life got in the way. Probably gonna be long until the next update. Enjoy!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!🎄