"Demons"

Daryl Dixon Series:
Season 2, Episode 10

*Flashback*
Michelle was sitting on the long couch in the living room area of the hotel room with her acoutic guitar on her lap. Michelle was playing the song "Road Trippin" by Red Hot Chili Peppers while softly singing the lyrics.

Then she heard keys jingling outside the main door and she quickly placed her guitar down on the floor as she heard Keith curse because he dropped the keys in the hurry he was in to open the door. Eventually, he opens the door, slams it shut and locks it as Michelle laid down on the long couch pretending to be asleep when he walked in.

Michelle has been locked up in the hotel room for over a week now and she has kinda gotten used to Keith's rush to get into the room thinking that she somehow managed to escape a room that was locked up at every possible exit. But even though Keith was a creature of habit these days, Michelle was scared of what Keith might do next since drugging her and bringing her to Paris was something she didn't see coming.

''Good, you're fast alseep.'' Keith said as he walked over to her and picked up the empty place and glass from the coffee table.

Michelle heard Keith walk away from her as she was trembling. So far, Keith remained under the impression that Michelle had no idea he was putting drugs in her food. She stopped eating and drinking things he made for her even since they were in Paris because she figured that's how he drugged her in the first place.

Michelle turned around on the couch so that her back was facing the room and she was facing the back of the couch that was against a wall. She pulled a blanket over her all the way to her shoulders and then heard Keith walk in and he sat down by her feet. Keith glanced at her as she had her eyes closed and he smiled before pulling his phone out of his pocket because it started ringing.

''What is it?'' Keith asked in a normal tone, thinking the drugs would keep Michelle asleep through a noise of a thunder storm. ''Yes, we will begin testing first thing in the morning. This is a new beginning of my best work. It has to work. It will work.''

Keith ended the call.

Over the next 2 days, Michelle heard similar talks over the phone. But on the 3rd day, she heard something very different as she pretended to be asleep on the bed when Keith came back into the hotel room.

''No, no, no, no.'' Keith kept repeating. ''This can't be happening. Everything I did was perfect. I didn't make any mistakes!''

Michelle flinched a little in bed hearing him raise his voice, but she remained calm.

''Shit! Damn, how could I have made something like this? And now, it's airbourne!'' Keith said and Michelle opened her eyes wide at what Keith was saying, but she remained laying in bed as she heard him pacing in the room in a panic. ''People are gonna get infected....but not right away. They have to....''

Keith paused and Michelle waited for him to finish his sentence, but he didn't.

''Michelle & I will have to leave Paris. Immediately.'' Keith said before he quickly left the room and locked the door behind him.

Michelle sat up quickly in bed and stared at the door in shock.

''Keith...what the hell have you done?'' Michelle whispered.
*Flashback Ends*

*****

Daryl sat down next to Michelle on the couch as he handed her a mug of tea as he held his mug as well.

''Thank you.'' Michelle whispered. ''How could I be so stupid? How could I have not put two and two together a long time ago?''

''Hey, don't beat yourself up about it, Jukebox.'' Daryl said. ''How could ya have known he was talkin' about the same thing?''