"Separated"

Daryl Dixon Series:
Season 3, Episode 1

Daryl kissed Michelle passionately. Daryl deepened the kiss as he placed his hands on her neck. Michelle was shocked at first, but she kissed Daryl back with just as much emotion as he was giving her.

Daryl never kissed someone with so much passion & emotion before and he didn't want this first kiss between him and Michelle to end. Michelle has never felt her heart skip more than one beat during a kiss before and Daryl took her breath away.

Daryl & Michelle eventually pulled away slowly from their kiss and took some deep breathes as they rested their foreheads together and smiled at each other.

''I love you.'' Daryl & Michelle said in unison.

Daryl & Michelle chuckled softly at each other before Daryl lifted his forehead from hers. Daryl slowly removed his hands from her neck and took her hands and kissed them, making her smile even more.

Daryl reluctantly stepped back from Michelle and they let their fingers slip through the other's slowly before finally letting go. Daryl & Michelle walked backwards from each other as they smiled sadly. They both turned around and walked away.

Daryl walked up to Ben who looked at him sadly. Daryl rubbed Ben's neck before they both glanced over to see Michelle look over her shoulder at them one more time. Daryl nodded to her with a smile and she smiled. Then they turned and went their separate ways.

Michelle walked up to the doors of the building and walked in as Keith stared at her. Michelle could feel his eyes on her without even having to look at him.

''What?'' Michelle asked before she looked at Keith.

''Not what I was expecting when you said you were gonna say "goodbye".'' Keith said. ''But I guess a goodbye kiss confirms what I already know.''

''And what is that?'' Michelle asked with a concerned tone in her voice.

''Oh, Honey....'' Keith chuckled as he stepped closer to her, making her take a step back. ''It means that you are never gonna see Daryl Dixon again. That's not a threat. It's a promise.''

Keith smirked before he walked off as Michelle stared at him in shock while his men locked the building's doors behind her.

Even though Michelle knew Keith was very capable of keeping his promise, she also knew Daryl would keep his promise to her too and it was Daryl's promise that Michelle decided to keep believing in. Being around Keith again was going to be anything but easy for Michelle in every way she could think of, but she had to stay strong. Not only for herself, but for Rain, Ben, Dog and Daryl.

*****

The long ride back to the bunker was quiet as far as Walkers and Runners were concerned. Daryl hid his bike in the bushes before he and Ben went down into the bunker. They walked slowly and sadly down the hall to the double doors. Daryl opened the doors and they both walked into the main area before closing the doors again.

Daryl placed his crossbow, poncho and knives on the metal table before he rested his palms on the table and sighed as he held his head low feeling like he should've stopped Michelle from agreeing to stay with Keith. But deep down he knew that if it had gone differently, they'd all be dead now.

Daryl felt Ben gently nudge his waist, making Daryl look at the Great Dane with tears in his eyes. Daryl stood up straight as he rubbed Ben's head.

''Sorry, buddy.'' Daryl whispered and Ben moaned softly, almost as if to say "It's not your fault".