Sparky

Neon P.O.V

It's been a few days since the sighting and I've been doing drawings everywhere from what I remember of this creature, from the head to the spines, wings, tail, it's eyes, everything. I look around my hut trying to remember where that floor board came up, there was something there that I wanted to look at. I'm looking around but I can't remember, it's been years since my parents were here and used it, but that book they had hidden away, I feel like it's important.

I'm searching around when I hear a knock on my door, I open it and it's Hazal. "Do you need something?" She nods walking in and pushing past me going to my desk holding something and looking at my wall over it. "You have been busy." Hazal says looking at everything before shaking her head, "not the point though. I found this stuffed on my parents shelves and it has your family name on it."

She hands a book to me with an odd symbol on it. She keeps her hand on it when I try and open it, I give her a look and she opens it "right here." I look at it and grab one of my drawings from the wall and compare it, "oh my Thor. It's a Skrill." I look over the page more and find something I find odd "Hazal, look at this, it says they live in the mountains."

Hazal looks at it and gives a look "then why was it down in the forest?" I look the page over one more time "guess we should go find out. Meet me by the farm I'm getting some mutton." I leave my hut feeling the cold air hit me and hearing footsteps and Hazal is following me, as we head to the village and find the farm.

I check what I have walking up to the merchant. "What can I do for you?" I look over what he's got and spot the mutton "can I get some mutton?" The guy looks me over and sighs "sorry no can do, was told not to give to you from the chief." I groan and go to argue but ultimately give up and walk off. I kick some rocks and make my way back to my hut and quickened steps are behind me.

I turn around and it's Hazal, she's holding something. "Tala, wait." I look at her and she hands me the item she's holding, "against my better judgement, I got you this. Want to prove to me about this whole thing? Do this." I unwrap the meat and give her a soft smile before wrapping it again and motioning her to follow me as I make my way to the forest again.

I make my way through the trees and I hear panting behind me "you have to slow down Tala.." I keep a hold on the meat looking around finding the claw marks from the other day, along with some fresh ones and some newer fallen trees. "Hazal, over here" I walk in a direction when I hear a cracking sound, I turn to expect to see Hazal but she's already next to me and not moving.

I look around quickly and don't see anything when I'm about to step I hear it again and a huge branch falls in front of us. I look up and there it sits, the Skrill sits with it's wings tucked and is watching us "it knew we were here.." I look at Hazal and she's frozen staring at it. We hear another crack and the branch it's sitting on falls and it lowers itself lower and lower until it's moved to the ground in front of us.

It's eyes are hard locked on me and it tilts it's head before sitting still watching, I unwrap the mutton keeping Hazal behind me and showing it to it. I moves closer, yet slowly, but stops and snarls. I look at Hazal and see a dagger in her hand, I grab it tossing it away and she goes to argue with me but I quickly silence her bringing my focus back on what's in front of me.

The Skrill moves closer again and I hand the mutton over, it sniffs if before snatching it from me and eating it quickly. It moves closer to me and sniffs before crouching down and pushing it's head against my legs, "Hazal, it's okay, I think" she moves around and watches it she kneels down next to it.

I follow and it nears my face, I feel the heat radiating off it and my hair stands on end as it gets closer, almost touching my face. I reach my hand out to touch it and it snarls, I quickly pull back and it stops, it's interest peaking again. "Hazal grab a stick or something and hand it to me" I hear some movements before a stick is placed in my hand. 

I push myself back slightly and push leaves out of the way giving myself a clear ground and start a small little drawing of it, both it and Hazal watch intensely as I work from start to finish. Once I do finish it I set down my stick and I feel the Skrill placing it's head on my shoulder looking over, I glance over at it and it pulls back and sits itself down close enough to watch but enough so it's out of reach.

I turn to Hazal and for once I see a genuine soft smile on her face as she's watching, "and here I thought you've gone mad." She places her hand on my shoulder pushing herself up and looking at the Skrill, "you know, I think it needs a name." I turn to it and it's watching intensely so I stand nearing it and looking it over on each part of it trying to get ideas.

"Skrilly?" I look at Hazal and she snorts "that is a terrible name Hazal" she flicks me in the head I think over names looking at it when I get an idea "Veton?" The Skrill looks at me tilting it's head  "Veton? Yeah, I think that's perfect." Veton moves closer nudging her head under my hand and sits next to me.