Trouble arises

Monday Afternoon, Odaiba Highschool

"That will show you, pretty boy." A larger teen, with sunglasses and a mullet, says as he shoves Bakura into the ground. The 2 other boys laugh at the teen on the ground. "Come on, let's go." The leader of this group says as he and the 2 other boys walked away from the boy. Bakura got up and dusted himself off and picked up his bag. He felt something but wasn't sure what it was, but he decided to ignore it and head home.

Odaiba Elementary School

Kari laughed at TK's joke as they continued to walk together. This day was mostly uneventful for the Digidestined, school just ended for the day and they were walking home.

"See you tomorrow TK." Kari said as they parted ways. "See you tomorrow Kari." TK and Kari waved each other goodbye as they went their separate ways home. TK has some things on his mind concerning the digital world.

TK snapped away from his thoughts as he spotted Bakura. Bakura had some dirt on his face and a bruise on his left cheek. "Bakura, what happened?" TK asked as he rushed over to the white haired teen's side. "It's nothing." Bakura said with his usual soft voice.

TK and Bakura went inside the apartment building and called the elevator. Once the elevator arrived, they let other people leave before entering inside. The elevator was now empty save for the two boys.

"Bakura, what really happened?" TK asked the older boy. "Some kids beat me up because I was a bit popular with girls and they got jealous." Bakura opens up. "You should probably leave me alone." TK frowns at what Bakura just said. "You can't just close yourself off if you're being bullied. You have to have people help you with this or else you're never going to solve the problem. And you can't push people away because of bullies" TK spoke in a higher volume than he actually intended.

Bakura looks down before speaking. "I am not..." Bakura sighs before speaking again. "I was always lonely as a kid. Everytime I make new friends they always go into a coma. That's why I don't try to make new friends and it is why I moved here, but maybe that misfortune will follow me. I hope that misfortune stays in Domino City."

"I'm sure those are just coincidences and not because of you. And besides, maybe you can consider me a friend. I hope you enjoy your time here." TK says with a warm smile. Bakura smiles back and nods. "Thanks TK." The elevator reached Bakura's floor and the white haired boy exited the elevator, he waved TK goodbye as the elevator door closed.

TK was now alone I'm the elevator. 'His friends go into comas? That is indeed strange. Maybe he is cursed? I am not going to just avoid someone over superstitions. There is no way I am going to leave someone in need of help.' The elevator reached the blonde boy's floor.

Monday Evening, The Park

"Penalty Game!" A shadowy figure shouted. The 3 high school bullies collapsed onto the floor unconscious. The leader's sunglasses drop into the floor. "Hahahahahahahahaha! Your souls will be trapped in these little dolls! Where you spend the rest of your days trapped. Hahahaha!" The shadowy figure said with a sadistic laugh, only the outline of the figure is distinguishable, the figure is human with a slim body and long sharp hair, the figure is wearing a pendant that glows a golden light. The figure were holding 3 lead figurines that have a likeness of the 3 fallen boys.

Note:

After some research (i am in the middle of watching Digimon Adventure 02. Finished Episode 40 as of writing this), I have decided that this fanfic will have to be an AU.

Since I am using the Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga continuity and the Digimon Adventure anime (specifically the English dub) continuity as a basis for this fanfic, I realized I made a continuity error. Digimon Adventure 02 takes place in the spring - December of 2002 and the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga takes place from April of 1996 - ~September of 1998. (DSOD takes place in March of 1999)

Continuity of this fanfic:

Yu-Gi-Oh! part of it:

the events of Yu-Gi-Oh! Will take place between (Chapter 1/when Yugi solves the millennium puzzle) April 2002 - ~September 2004 (Atem goes to the afterlife.) So Bakura's first appearance in the manga takes place in the autumn of 2002. And the end of this fanfic is supposed to lead to his first appearance in the manga.

Digimon part of it:

This fanfic is set around the autumn of 2002. Meaning that it must take place after Digimon Adventure 02 episode 15 (which takes place on August 1st) but before Episode 38 (which takes place on Christmas)