Mysterious Phenomenon: Part 2

Yolei was shivering from the fear she felt at the sight of the body of the teenage girl. Ken kneeled down to the body and placed 2 of his fingers on the neck of the body. "She is alive." Ken announced, the Digidestined all felt relief washed over them.

"One of us should call the police." Cody suggested, he is visibly nervous at the sight before him. "I'll go." Ken volunteered and ran to search for a nearby phone.

"Wait, I'm coming with you!" Yolei ran after the dark purple haired boy. As Yolei ran, she could've sworn that she saw someone stepping behind a tree in the corner of her eye. She decided that it must be something in her head.

"I can't believe someone would do this. We must find whoever did this and take them down." Cody was shaking in anger at the thought of someone committing such acts.

"We'll find whoever's responsible and stop them!" Davis yelled out with Demiveemon cheering up his partner.

"But where do we even start? We have no clues or leads." Cody pointed out. "Whoever is doing this will have to slip up eventually." TK ensures the youngest Digidestined.

TK could see someone was watching them from afar, but he couldn't make out who but he could've sworn that it has a vague resemblance to Bakura.

Saturday Evening, 4:23 PM

'Huh? I'm already home? I don't remember entering the building or even leaving the park.' Bakura was standing in front of a door with the name "Matsumoto" next to it. The white haired teen took out his keys and unlocked the door.

"I'm home." Bakura announced as he entered the apartment. He took off his shoes and greeted his aunt, a woman in her mid to late thirties with short black hair. She was wearing a simple beige shirt and dark blue jeans. This is Bakura's maternal aunt, Yumi Matsumoto.

The television was on and was currently playing some drama show in the background. Bakura was not interested in the show at all.

"I'm going out later and I won't be back until much later, I'm going to make dinner before I leave." Yumi said to her nephew.

"Okay" Bakura turned to face the "Reruns of Zombire the animated series at 6:00 PM" a commercial played with clips of an early to mid 90s American cartoon playing. 'Amane used to love that show' Bakura felt a mix of nostalgia, happiness and sadness.

30 minutes later,

The Digidestined were heading home after the cops came, the unconscious girl was sent to a hospital. They were disturbed by the sight of the girl and what is the cause of the mysterious phenomenon. Ken separated from the group to go home, since he didn't live in the same place as the others.

"TK, do you think that girl and the darkness we felt have correlation? It can't be a coincidence." Kari asked her friend.

"I don't know, it's possible...the darkness felt close by. But the question is, where did the darkness come from?" Tk ponders and becomes deep in thought.

TK remembered what Bakura said on Monday afternoon,"I was always lonely as a kid. Everytime I make new friends they always go into a coma. That's why I don't try to make new friends and it is why I moved here, but maybe that misfortune will follow me. I hope that misfortune stays in Domino City." TK also recalled seeing a vague figure that resembles Bakura. 'I can't jump to conclusions. Bakura doesn't seem the type of person to even do those things, how would he even do it?' Kari and Cody noticed the conflicted expression on TK's face. "TK, are you okay?" Cody asked the older boy. "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine." TK replied, not wanting to reveal his suspicions until he was sure they were true.

Davis and Kari went their separate ways to go home. Yolei, Cody and Tk were heading toward their apartment. "Why did this all happen when I just wanted a relaxing picnic?" Yolei sighs. "It's okay Yolei, there is always next time. And we did have fun after all." Poromon tried to cheer up his partner.

'I'm going to have to visit Bakura tomorrow. Just to ease my suspicions and I don't want anyone getting the wrong ideas about Bakura. I know he is a good person but I have to be sure.' TK thought, he was sure that the others were definitely having this phenomenon on their minds.

Author's note:

Expect slow updates as I am completely rewriting this fanfic. I normally write chapters about a week in advance so I can still edit them and maintain an upload schedule. But I wasn't satisfied with how this current version of this fanfic was written and new ideas came up so I have decided to completely overhaul this fanfic. It's also because I have been rushing to write chapter 3 and 4, hence their very low quality and poor pacing(though it's not like chapter 1 and 2 was any better). I hope the newer version will be at least 0.0000001% better than this version.

I won't (probably) abandoned this fanfic because it's the first fanfic where I actually have a planned ending, said ending would probably not even change from this massive rewrite.