Chapter 9

Warning: There be will freaky and dirty moments here and there throughout the entire tale. Be warned.

Alcide was back in Cooter's office, standing guard over them until his dad came. He was damned if they thought they would escape. And each time some of Cooter's muscle would come and try to take on Alcide or get him to leave, he would take care of them in a few blows. Alcide would show them that he was a true Alpha even though he's never wanted to be anyone's leader.

Finally, Jackson arrived with his new bride and long-time companion, Jenny. They came up to find Debbie in Alcide's face. "I can't believe you! Plenty of women that are our kind, and you keep fucking with human women!" She screamed at him. Alcide shook his head before screaming back at her. "I can do whatever the hell I please! Sookie wasn't the right one but being with her prepared me for what I wanted and needed!" He said as Jackson and Jenny stepped up together. 

"You left me for power and Cooter! Sookie left me for vampires! I found someone who wanted me! Who loves me! And I know she wouldn't leave me! Not by choice, unlike you two! Now, where did you take her?" He barked out, his voice sending vibrations through the room.

Debbie sneered at him before she walked over to where Cooter and Gus stood. "I don't know what you're talking about, Alcide. I have no clue where she could be." She stated calmly with a slight shrug. He shook his head in disbelief while clinching his fists at his sides.

"Stop playing dumb!" He told her. "I saw the dead fucker in that room. But I smelled you and another wolf were in there with her scent." He narrowed his eyes at her and huffed a breath before turning to face his dad and Jenny. "I'm going to search this place until I find her. I will tear it down if I have to. Are you both with me?" He asked. 

Jackson glanced from his son to Debbie, Cooter, and Gus. He then stared back at Alcide before he nodded. "Come on, son. Let's go." Jackson said. The three of them left Cooter, Gus, and Debbie there. Debbie was still seething as she shook her head furiously. Gus was the faithful second in command, feeling in different. While Cooter was mentally planning plan B, if Alcide ended up finding the human woman.

Alcide, Jackson, and Jenny spent forty minutes splitting up and searching each floor before meeting back up in the basement of the building. There was a locked door that they could hear muffled screams from. Jackson and Alcide kicked down the door together before seeing the first guy in wolf form standing before Tara naked hanging from the ceiling in the air.

With complete ease, Alcide qickly took off his clothes and morphed into his second wolf form before he charged towards the lowly wolf. They fought while Jackson and Jenny rushed over to untie Tara. Jenny went over to grab an old blanket in the corner to cover her up, when the three of them heard a loud yelp and the sound of flesh ripping. They glanced up to see Alcide was in the middle of tearing the wolf in half. He had the grabbed the wolf's snout and pried its mouth open before pulling it apart.

The result was a bloody mess before them. Jackson and Jenny were on opposite sides, holding a weak Tara as they watched Alcide toss the remains to the side. He walked up towards them as Tara watched this form she had never really witnessed before. She knew of it, but mostly saw him in his form that had him on all fours. 

He stepped up to her before he placed a clawed paw on her right cheek, trying to gently pat it. He then morphed back to his human form, still looking at her. Jenny continued to hold onto Tara while Jackson walked away to gather Alcide's clothes.

Before Alcide could say anything, Tara's eyes rolled upward, and her knees buckled underneath her. He caught his wife before she could fall to the floor. He carried her through the basement and up to the main floor. Jackson and Jenny quietly followed, heading out to their vehicles. Alcide eased Tara in the passenger side before he took his clothes to get dressed. Not caring about who saw him, he glanced at the entrance of the building noticing Cooter and Debbie staring intently at them.

Alcide stared them down before getting in his truck. Jackson and Jenny got in their truck before following out of the parking lot, leaving Cooter and Debbie focused on what their next move would be.