Chapter Fourteen

Aleksander was still kissing my body

I was hot from what he'd given me, and breathless. My energy felt a bit drained, and I was ready to fall asleep and call it a night, naked, wrapped up in his black sheets, held tightly in his embrace.

A soft moan left my lips as Aleksander nipped behind my ear lobe again. One hand was pinned above my head, his fingers intertwined with mine. The other was tangled in his black hair, while his other hand roamed my body along with his lips.

He let out a soft sigh, lifting his head and staring into my eyes, observing my reddened cheeks and glassy eyes. He seemed proud of himself. Proud of the way he made me feel.

He pressed a kiss to my lips before moving down, kissing my collarbone and resting on the bed, his arm around my body. He stared up at me while I observed him, running my right hand through his hair, tracing the skin of his arm with my other hand.

"What you said earlier," He murmured, speaking clear words for the first time in almost twenty minutes. He propped himself up on his elbow, staring down at me with serious eyes. "About clipping your wings. Is that really how you feel?" He asked quietly.

My gaze moved to his ceiling, and I sighed softly. "I'm a soldier, Aleks. Everyone has their role here. You're our fearless leader, Alina's the Saint savior who's going to tear down the Fold, but what will I do while she's getting ready for that? What will I do after, if I survive? I want to help make Ravka safe. I just think that I'm supposed to be more than a bodyguard to a Saint."

He was silent for a moment, and I looked back down at him. "I understand, and I believe that you were meant for more." He said quietly, his hand tracing circles in my side. "What you said about us communicating, making this work, I want that. I want us. I want you." His eyes met mine, and I felt my heart warm. "I've lost everyone, my little vixen." He whispered, reaching up and cupping my cheek, staring at my face. "I can't lose you too."

"It's okay to admit that you're scared." I said quietly, feeling the emotional vulnerability of the moment. "It's okay to open up to me. I want you to open up to me." I stressed. "Because I want us too. I want you." He leaned up, positioning himself above me again to kiss me fiercely.

"Lead by my side," He whispered into my lips, and I placed my free hand on the side of his neck, my right hand still running through his soft hair. "Stand with me, and together, we can make Ravka safer." He pleaded into my lips, speaking directly to my soul.

I pulled him closer, feeling him press against me as I kissed him, communicating my desire to stand by him through physical affirmation, which seemed to be his thing as much as mine. He broke the kiss and began trailing his lips down my neck again.

My eyes closed as I felt his touch ghost my skin, a soft breath leaving my body as he worshiped me the way no one else had ever before.

I felt him ready to start torturing me again, when someone knocked, and he stopped what he was doing, closing his eyes with irritation.