Burn

"I just checked in with Kuoh. No sign of them. And they're not with you?"

"No." Rias answered from her phone.

A lump formed in your throat. It was a few hours after clubs had ended. It was not like Shuri or Rose to hang out elsewhere, at least not without replying they were okay on their phones. Leon too would not just disappear. He was more fond of being home playing games anyway.

"Can you check with Sona? Just in case?" You managed asked Rias evenly, fighting your anxiety.

"Okay. I'll get back to you." Rias then hung up.

You looked to Akeno and Kuroka who were with you in your study and shook your head. Kuroka did not bother to hide her alarm with the wide eyes. It was obviously her "little kitten" she was worried for. She had similarly attempted to contact Leon to no effect. And as much as you hated to admit it, she was the favorite. If Leon would not answer to his father, he absolutely answered to his loving mother.

Akeno would on the surface look only concerned, better at keeping her inner emotions under control. But you both knew fear was gnawing at her. Others had told you about the temporary comatose state she fell into when it seemed like you had died in the fight against Gilgamesh. And that was just her husband. The telepathy you had built up with her meant you sometimes got wind of her thoughts on Shuri. There was no words that could properly express her love for her daughter.

Of course you were doing your best to suppress a sense of panic. You were their father and a close friend to Rose's family. If it was not playing hooky, or unexpected hangout, then the mind went to the worst. It could not have been human kidnappers. The three teens were too strong and too well trained for that. Alternatively, the Grail War was over but there were still elements of the Khaos Brigade that were really good at evading capture.

"Rias is gonna check with Sona." You told them. "And I've messaged Azazel, Michael and Sirzechs. We'll find them."

"Who could've done this?" Kuroka asked. She was of the same mind. "What bottom of the barrel bastards did this?"

"We'll find out soon enough what happened. If someone did kidnap our children-" Akeno's fingers sparked along with going off her whole body. "They will pay."

"It doesn't make any sense. They can't just disappear." You vented, letting emotional control slip. "It's like they vanished into...... thin air...."

Something clicked.

"We missed someone we needed to check." You said grimly. "And I'm going to ask personally."

SNAP!

......

"Ow! OWW!"

SLAM!

Just like that, Shuri, Rose and Leon had just been kicked out of this orientation thing of Chaldea's by Olga Marie Animushpere.

"Sheesh! We were just whispering to each other! That's not a cause for forced ejection!" Leon yowled further, massaging his head. They had been grabbed in less than ideal places. Olga's hand on Leon was on his head and seizing hair. Worse still, that was right where his cat ears would pop up if allowed.

"Senpai..... are you all alright?" Mash had followed them out.

"Uhhh.... we could be better." It was now that Leon had gotten a proper look at Mash, hence the boy's hesitation.

"Fou!"

Before any of them could react, Fou the squirrel creature from before had jumped Mash, landed on her face, then slid around to her back and settled on her left shoulder.