02 | Vasan

Vasan and his family got down from the hired cab. Before he could get down, he spotted an elderly couple in their mid 50's greeting them. Assuming they are the girl's parents, everyone stepped down from the car.

"Greetings.. Please do come inside" greeted Chandran with folded hands at them. Giving the greetings back Vasan too got down from the cab followed by his mother, sister and brother. Paying the driver, the cab amount via google pay, Vasan swished his mobile phone into his pocket and entered the house.

It was a very well built, individual house in Nungambakkam Sterling Road. The area itself seemed to be posher and so do the house.

The house had a big patio at the front with a small sofa for any visitors to sit. Followed by it was a big spacious living room built in traditional style with all wooden furniture including the Doors and windows in Teak.

Vasan reclined on the sofa between his mother and sister, while his brother sat on the single sofa. Keerthi's Father occupied the other one while her mother was standing. 

Greeting them with Namaskaram, Vasanthi nudged her daughter Amrita to give the pleasantries they have bought to Keerthi's parents.

Vasan helped her sister take the fruits and flowers from the bag they have bought and placed it  on the big tray which Ambika provided. 

Vasanthi introduced herself and her children to Keerthi's Parents. The conversation then drifted to general topics about the family background. While they were talking Vasan took his time to look at the interiors of the house. 

"Anna .. Annnna ..." Amrita poked Vasan's hands. Bending himself a little to the height of his Sister, he lent his ears to heed her. "Anna, the house looks super good la? it looks like a they are very rich. See that interior , its simply awesome" 

Hearing his sister's amusement,he shushed her from talking. Straightening himself, he composed his posture and sat quietly observing the conversation and surroundings.

The look of the house, their face, and attire clearly depicted they should belong to elite category. But in the matrimony site it was mentioned as upper middle class only. They have not invited any others for this meet. "May be they are not interested in this proposal. By this time they would have known our status. Chances of this proposal working out is very less " thought Vasan

His chain of thoughts were broken by the questions raised at him in the name of general talk by Keerthi's parents. Vasan replied them politely. 

"Do you have any other ancestral properties?" Chandran started

"yes we had but not now with us. It is with our paternal uncle as per the will"

"Do you have any plans of Venturing in to business field or ok with continuing in IT sector?"

Vasan knew where this is going and why Chandran initiated this conversation.

Earlier, Chandran enquired about Vasan with the Director of his Department who in turn reached out to the Senior Manager of Vasan to get feedback. The Manager gave good feedback about him. Since Vasan had a good rapport with his senior, he informed him about the marriage enquiry made by Chandran.

It was easy for Vasan to guess that Chandran being a lawyer has even inquired about his ancestral properties and his work towards building a startup software company.

 Vasan gave a firm look at Chandran and answered "I do have plans and  I am working on it"

"But in Business there might be failures and hiccups too apart from success. Your income may not be steady. Sometimes very little is coming at all. Isn't it risky thing? than be on the IT job with steady monthly income"

"I was taught that one cannot be successful in business without taking risks. I have the courage to pursue my dream and one day I will definitely succeed in it"

Chandran was initially not ok in proceeding with this alliance. It was Keerthi  who saw Vasan's photo in the matrimony site and expressed interest in his profile. For the sake of Keerthi he agreed to meet Vasan.  

Though Vasan looks tall ,smart and handsome with confident and positive aura around him, Chandran was not fully convinced with the financial status of Vasan's family.

Before the marriage meet, he enquired about Vasan through his contacts and got very good and positive reply from everyone. With 90% of confidence from the feedback received, he proceeded further.

Now with Vasan's reply and gestures, Chandran too was impressed. Whereas Ambika was not fully convinced considering their financial status. That was the reason they did not inform anyone in their relatives about this proposal.