05 | Status

Keerthi rushed out of the room and informed her parents that she is ok with marrying him.

"I am ok with this marriage ma. I am confident and sure enough. We can proceed " came Keerthi's reply with boldness.

"Shhhh...." shushed Ambika and gave her a stern glare. Dragging her alone to the dining area, she warned her daughter. "Did we not tell you , we will take a day or two and decide before informing them?" asked Ambika.

Keerthi remained silent. Ambika returned to her seat while Vasan too sauntered towards his previous position and settled himself on the sofa.

Vasan's mother and siblings heard Keerthi's statement and felt happy. But the happy faces instantly faded away seeing no enthusiasm in Vasan's face.

There was a silence of who to initiate the conversation. Vasan clearly knew that Keerthi's parents themselves are not interested.

It's quite common and understandable that parents would look for an alliance that is equal or above their status.

Though Vasan has a new 3bhk flat, a good job with decent salary, he does not fall under the satisfying criteria of a girl's parents.

Moreover, as he said to Keerthi, he is not interested in Marriage now. His priorities are different and does not have time to think about his own life.

It is through the constant pressure from his mother and siblings he came for the meet.

Sensing that all the eyes of his family is on him, Vasan shaked his head slightly indicating not interested.

Vasanthi felt sad and did not want to question her son right now and remained silent. Amrita and Vijay faces too fell. Amrita even slightly pinched her elder brother for his act.

Ignoring those pinches, Vasan spoke to Keerthi's father. " uhhh.. we will let you know our decision by tomorrow. is that ok?"

"we are ok with the proposal, but we don't want to pressurize you and your daughter. So take your time and let us know a good result" said Vasanthi with hesitation.

"sure .. sure of course. we too need some time. " said Chandran.

Vasan signalled Vijay to book the cab and gave him his mobile, to which he abided. While Amrita was given thamboolam and kumkum.

Before leaving, Vasan collected all the plates and coffee tumblers served to them and placed it on the kitchen counter by himself, though Ambika insisted she could take care of it.

Not wanting to wait there even more, everyone bid bye and came out the house . The cab they have booked took 2 minutes delay to pick them up. Vasan and his family were still outside of keerthi's house waiting for the cab to arrive.

Chandran and Ambika, invited them again to have a seat till the cab arrives. Vasan suggested his mother and sister alone to be seated , while he and Vijay remained outside.

Standing near the window of her room, Keerthi was looking at Vasan's countenance.

His tall figure,chiseled body and strong arms visible even over his shirt, thich black bouncy hair, perfect jawline that was visible from the side angle ,his posture with left hand inside his pocket, while the right hand holding the phone near the ears, everything added extra handsomeness that made him look more hot.

Vasan who was talking with the cab driver over the phone turned towards his left side and spotted the cab. Cutting the call, he unintentionally spotted Keerthi gawking at him.

It was just few seconds their eyes met at the straight line. Keerthi felt his eyes to be more captivating that could even pull her heart out of her body