Fauna of Pandora pt2

This will cover the herbivores of Pandora
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Austrapede

Na'vi name: Tspìng

Na'vi name: Tspìng.

Habitat: Rivers and riverbeds.

Skin: Yellow-orange with purple striping.

Height: 4 meters.

Eye color: Orange.

Anatomy: A flightless Pandoran bird that looks like a cross between an ostrich, a pink flamingo and the herbivorous dinosaur parasaurolophus. With its flat, broad beak and long neck and tail, the gentle Austrapede is a relatively small bird by Pandoran standards. It has a long beak, and a flat tail reaching down to its feet. It has a crest on the back of its head and several antennae-like appendages on its head and neck, though it is unclear which of these are its neural queue(s). Unlike other Pandoran birds and its relative, the great austrapede and the terror austrapede. The austrapede's wings have shrunken down to small, vestigial appendages. The austrapede is of tall stature, with much of its height made up by its legs and neck.

Behavior: Austrapedes flap their wings when frightened. They may look friendly, but personalities can change in the blink of an eye. The austrapedes are impulsive, fidgety creatures whose emotions spread quickly from one individual to the other by a form of mimicry. However, they generally pose little threat to other creatures, and are sometimes affectionate to Na'vi. There have been instances of Na'vi riding Austrapedes over wetland terrain instead of Direhorses.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Coronis

Habitat: Kinglor forest and upper plains

Skin: Various shades of red, orange, and purple.

Height: 1 ft {0.35m}.

Length: 7 ft 6.5 inches {2.3m}.

Anatomy: Bird-like creatures with two aerodynamic wings are connected to their forelimb joints, granting the Coronis agility and extreme bursts of speed in any weather conditions. The Coronis has a large, narrow tail made of muscle that can vibrate like the wings of an insect. As a result, these vivid and striking tails mimic the butterflies of Pandora in both shape and movement. Coronis use these tails to trick flying insects into approaching them, and then use their sharp beak to quickly grip and consume their prey.