Bad Batch x reader (Wrecker ending)

3rd P.O.V.

"Oooooo me, me! I wanna take care of baby (Y/N)!" Wrecker shouts. He grabs them out of Crosshairs hands and tosses them into the air. The other brothers begin to freak out when he does this. A chorus of yells come from the rest of the brothers.

"You can't throw children!!!" Crosshair yells.

"Don't drop (Y/N)!" Hunter exclaims.

"This is going to end badly." Tech states.

"Oh, I can't watch!" Echo says loudly while turning away. With a grin Wrecker catches (Y/N) and then holds them properly as Crosshair did.

"Its fine, guys. See?" Wrecker looks down at the baby in his arms. "We are going to have loads of fun. Aren't we little (Y/N)?" They giggle in response.

"Um are we really going to let him take care of them?" Echo asks turning to face his brothers once again. The clones all look to Hunter for a response and Hunter shrugs.

"It should be fine as long as Wrecker doesn't do anything reckless." Hunter says shooting his brother a look.

"I promise." Wrecker responds putting his hand into a salute, almost dropping (Y/N) in the process. Quickly he recovers and catches them then gives a guilty smirk. Echo still looks to have concerns about this, but he gets stopped from saying anything.

"Alright then. Since that is settled, we can all go about our day." Tech says. All the brothers leave the cockpit except Wrecker, (Y/N), and Echo.

"Be careful." Echo warns then leaves. Wrecker scoffs then lifts baby (Y/N) into the air.

"Of course, I'll be careful. Isn't that right little (N/N)?" Wrecker asks playfully. To which the baby replies with laughter. "Yeah, that's right." He smiles and takes (Y/N) to his room. "We're gonna watch some recordings from some of our missions while we wait for you to get big again." He turned on the holo screen to bright flashes of lights and explosions. This started little (Y/N) and they started to cry.

"What? No! It's alright! Everything's okay!" Wrecker says frantically while trying to turn off the recording. But to his dismay, he accidentally turned it up a lot louder. This made things worse, and they start crying even louder. "No, no... uhh I'll just change it." However, when he tried to change it more and more loud noises came out of the speakers. This upset the baby even more and all Wrecker could hear was the babies wailing.

After a while of struggling, Wrecker was able to turn off the holo recording. He sighs and turns his attention back to his tiny crying teammate.

"Sssshhhh Sshhhhhh it's okay. See, It's off now," the big clone says trying to calm (Y/N) down. "No... shhhh... you have to stop crying before..."

"Before what Wrecker? Before we hear them?" He is interrupted by Hunter who is standing on the doorway along side Echo.

"Too late." Echo finishes. He walks over and takes (Y/N) from his brother. "Crosshair, can you get (Y/N) to stop crying?" He calls as he leaves the room.

"Awww" Wrecker says deflated and sad as he looks to the ground. Hunters' stern expression softens at his brother's disappointment.

"It alright Wrecker. Not everyone is good with babies." The leader says trying to comforting his brother.

"But its (Y/N). I really like them, and I wanted to be there for them." Its true and Hunter was the only one who knew about his feelings. "Maybe their better off with one of you." The big clone stated sadly before getting up and leaving. Hunter didn't say a word, only watching.

In the Meantime (in Crosshairs room)

"Thanks Cross." Echo states gratefully as he takes the now calm baby (Y/N) back into his arm. The tall clone only grunts in response. Just then Tech walks into the room.

"I finished all my tasks 30 minutes ahead of schedule as I usually do and had the chance to create an antidote for (Y/N)'s little problem." Tech proudly states as he pulls out a bottle.

"About time." Crosshair bluntly says. Echo takes the bottle and tries to feed it to (Y/N), who refuses to drink it.

"Dang it! They won't drink it!"

Only one person will be able to get them to drink that." Hunter interrupts from the doorway. Echo hands the baby to him and Hunter leaves to find his discouraged brother.

Small Timeskip

Hunter finds Wrecker sulking outside of the ship, sitting on a rock near a crystal-clear lake. The long haired clone coughs to get his brothers attention. He jumps a little and turns to Hunter.

"We need your help," Hunter begins " (Y/N) won't drink the antidote and we believe you're the only one they will let feed it to them." Wrecker stares at his brother wide eyed.

"Really!!!" He exclaims leaping off the rock. He takes (Y/N) and the antidote from the Sargent.

"Good luck." Hunter says smiling then walks back to the ship.

"Open wide (Y/N)!" To which they comply. Gulping down the formula, their tiny form begins to glow just has it had earlier. Looking away, Wrecker hopes for the best. The glowing dims down to nothing and Wrecker turns his gaze back to see a full grown (Y/N) in his arms, staring back at him.

"Wrecker? What happened?" They scratch their head. Wrecker laughs with relief and sets them back down onto their feet.

"Long story. Too much to explain right now." He pauses. "Would you come sit with me?" He gestured to the rock he was sitting on earlier.

"I'd love to." (Y/N) responds smiling. They both take a seat and look out to see a beautiful sunset stretch across the lake. Colours danced across the water. Wrecker turns his head to look at (Y/N). They notice this and does the same.

"Good to have you back." He comments as (Y/N) scootches closer to him. Wrecker wraps his arm around them while they place a kiss onto his cheek then lays their head on his chest. Together the watch as the light fades away and the stars come out to play.

---------------------

(1024 words)

---------------------

Thank you soooooooo much for reading.

I hope you enjoyed it.

I hope y'all are doing well.

Please make sure to vote, comment, and follow!