Outside The Fashion World

Marinette finished working on the organizing files, but continued to hear clattering noises from outside her office

Alya groaned in annoyance & placed her clipboard down

Alya: Are you sure this isn't harsh by making the new employee do all the work?

Marinette: Alya, this kind of training was necessary with all of the employees. I put them through hell & then they realize they don't want the job. That's exactly why Zoe quit, because it was too hard.

She looked out the window at Adrien, who was being scolded by Kim & the other men

Marinette: But it seems like Mr. Clumsy is going to show he's determined to work here.

Alya: Wow. So, you're just going to continue playing with him like this?

Marinette: Yeah. And when he's shown that much, then he's officially part of the company.

Adrien rushed to get everything done & looked up at the clock, seeing it was 12:00

Adrien: (mind) This is fucking hell. The boss puts me through absolute torture while the others get to sit back & relax? It isn't fair! The CEO isn't being fair!

He balled his fists angrily, but turned to Marinette's office window

He felt a blush stain his cheeks & he smiled at her

Adrien: (mind) But whenever I look at her face, I can't see why I was mad anymore. Despite her trying to torture me with work, I'm sure she has a good heart.

Alya: You don't think this is a bit cruel?

Marinette: No. Not until he learns what it really means to work.

Alya: I get it.

Marinette: But I think we should focus on other matters for now, such as, the company dinner tonight.

Alya: Oh, right!

Marinette: Gather everyone in the meeting room. We need to have a talk.

Alya: Yes, ma'am!

She walked out of the office & looked over at Adrien, who was busy sewing the dress

She noticed his fingers bleeding & handed him the first aid kit, making him look up at her

Alya: Take it easy, you know. You don't need to stitch so hard.

Adrien: I just wanna finish this. It's been hours. I don't get why Miss Dupain-Cheng is treating me so harshly.

Alya: She did this to every employee once they decided they wanted a job here. She puts them through hell, but then softens up to them. And believe me, she's not as bad as she seems.

Adrien: You're probably just saying that because you're her assistant.

Alya: I may be ger assistant, but im also her best friend. I know Marinette & she'll eventually give you a break. By the way, you should come to the company dinner.

He let out a soft groan of annoyance & wrapped the band aids on his fingers

Adrien: Please don't tell me I'm going to have to do work while eating dinner, too.