⭐️ Detail Descriptions

When you've read as many books and fan fiction as I've had

When you've read as many books and fan fiction as I've had...it's safe to say I'm picky with descriptions but I'm all honestly, they do reflect the book!

While not everyone judges the book by a description, some people do and they have a right to. If they don't like the writing in the description...they probably won't like it in the book either. So now is the time to show off.

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

What makes someone want to skip past a book? Well I did another poll! Feel free to add your thoughts in the comments too.

Replies said they'd skip a book if:
⚡️ It was super long and unreadable.
🌪️ The spelling and grammar was bad.
☀️ It gave away the entire plot
⭐️ Those ones that are just like 'read to find out' or no description
☄️ Ones that aren't creative like

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

So what exactly does that mean? I'll give you some examples...

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

DON'T WRITE:
Harry Potters sister goes to Hogwarts and falls in love with Draco malfoy!! She's super Powerfull and everyone likes her so how will she cope? Read to find out!

INSTEAD...
Powerful was not a word Anna Potter would use to describe herself, though her brother Harry disagreed. It didn't matter what popularity she had, she'd never cared. She wanted one thing and one thing only, to win over the blonde boy in the green and silver tie.

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

DON'T WRITE:
Felon Leclerc has been apart of Formula 1 for three years before moving to Ferrari to be with his brother Charles Leclerc and beating his brother Arthur leclerc to it. He will become the youngest ever champion as he puts all his effort into winning the 2022 title. Meanwhile Lance Stroll keeps his eyes on the new reacted because he likes he liked him.

INSTEAD...
They say that siblings should not be on the same team. They say rival teams cannot be friends, let alone anything else...if wasn't meant to be. Yet, why did Felon Leclerc want both so badly? In determination to beat his new teammate's lap times while keeping their brother bond, Felon could only dream big and try to forget the Aston Martin driver staring him down in the distance.

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

Now, I never recommend using templates because a description should be creative. However, if you are really struggling, I can give you some pointers and small prompts below.

🌙 Don't make it long-winded,it's not a chapter, it's a description.

💫 I personally don't recommend including speech but if you do, keep it separate from the text.

🌤️ Be mysterious but give hints.

🪐 Make it appealing to someone who's just quick scrolling through books.

🔥 Don't try too hard, just let it flow.

⭐️ If you want to attract the right people, put the love interest at the bottom
E.g.  (Harry Potter x FemOC!)

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━ 

If you really need a 'template' you can get the following prompts.

Prompt one, answer the questions and then define into your description.
Where does the book begin?
How does the OC appear? (Refer to them without naming)
How does the love interest appeal if there is?
Now introduce the OC name with their purpose in the story.

Example of this:
Hawkings had always been a strange town for anyone on the outside, let alone those that knew the truth on the instead. The red-haired girl knew something was wrong when she stepped in it, no matter what her new friend, Dustin, said. Something was off her and Nina Mayfield was going to find out why.

Prompt Two, keep it short.
Have their name as the first words (full name) and their occupation.
Give them a goal and how they'll want to get to it.
Give a little sarcastic or questioning statement like (If only...)

Example of this:
Jenna Malfoy knew she was a witch from the moment she was born. She'd wanted one thing her entire life and that was to be the most powerful in history even if it meant pouring her soul into practising magic every single day. If only a certain scar-headed boy wasn't trying to get in her way.

Prompt Three, detailed and defined
Start of mysterious and slowly build up to being more obvious
Don't mention the person in the first part.
Have a second paragraph introducing the person
Explain what their purpose is
Better for stories with no clear love interest
Drop words that show the fandom.

Example of this:
They say that when a person dies and they have no religion, they turn into a star. They also stay that stars fall after a while but if they did, what happens to the dead? Are they reborn into a life of better fortune or worse?

Nina Stark liked to think that she was born as a fallen star because every moment of her day was filled with such confusion that she believed she was not meant for this world. She wasn't sure how to find her way into a complicated life but she knew she had to...or else she'd be left for dead. Her purpose was clear, to protect Winterfell and find herself in the process.

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

Drop your description in the comment and if I still it, I'll give you some pointers. Or, give me what your story is about, if it has a love interest and the fandom and I'll let you know what prompt to try first if needed.

🌹 Try prompt 1
🌻 Try prompt 2
🌱 Try prompt 3
🌸 I don't think it'll fit a prompt so try freestyle!