Day 29, Aquatic/water

Link could survive in the wild, if he needed to.

Tags: Pre-botw

Link stared up at the dim glow of the Domain above him, floating on his back in the waters under the little Kingdom. He'd been playing with his friends all day, running around the Domain like madmen while his father spoke to King Dorephan about some diplomacy or another.

Now he was tired, but didn't want to go to bed. Bazz, Rivan, Gaddison, and the king Princess Mipha had all retired already, their parents finding them and making them go to bed at a reasonable time. Mipha was escorted away by some royal advisor. But Link didn't know when his father would return for him.

Fine by him, he thought. More time to himself. The water lulled him with gentle waves, the sound of the waterfalls running from the fountains of the market above him and the fish splashing about letting him breathe easier. The wild was always calming for him, be it running through the forests of Akkala around his Academy, or the beach below his house in Hateno, or the falls around Zora's Domain. He liked the solitude, the sounds and sights. He found fairies and brought them to his room at school, caught star fragments to bring back to his mother, hunted small animals for sport that his father taught him how to cook. Link could survive in the wild, if he needed to.

But that was ridiculous. Why would he ever need to live in the wild, when the world was so busy?

An unknown amount of time later, Link's floating was disturbed by someone climbing down the lader into the water. Link tried to ignore them, able to guess who it probably was. A moment later, strong arms were scooping his little frame from the waves with ease.

"Time for bed, Link," his father's soft voice said. Link opened his eyes and glanced around to find the sun had set and the place was quiet. The whole world seemed peaceful in that moment.

Link didn't argue. He let his father carry him from the waves and to the inn.  

Late again, but we're almost done so oh well.