Chapter 41

"It's true. Your not, you may be a duchess but we only can take orders from higher stations." The einharjar scoffed. You huffed and he looked at you dubiously "your gonna tell me you aren't a duchess~" he teased, clearly disrespecting his own life in front of your scythe and more clearly forgetting that frigga was in the room and could hear him.

You took a deep breath and your knuckles turned white from how tight you were gripping the handle of your scythe "do you take orders from foreign royals?" You asked and he nodded "so... if they have the same standing as a duchess/duke when not in their own country or realm would that not mean your essentially taking orders from a duchess, or duke." You said and his face scrunched up.

"N- no! They have a slightly higher- much higher standing! A duke or duchess is at least two ranks below visiting royals!" He exclaimed, embarrassed you'd figured it out. "Step away from the frost giant." He said, re readying his spear

You took a calm step back, closer to Loki and further sheilding him. "Oh well... no. I'm staying with him, your all leaving, preferably frigga and Thor as well so that I can deal with this but it's up to them." you said and took the final step back towards loki. you could hear his heart racing and you could feel the blood on the floor, your soft indoor shoes were slowly slipping on it.

"i think shes right dear, einharjar, please go back to your duties. thor, lets go and have some tea in my sitting room. ill heal up your wrist while we're at it."frigga announced and within seconds the room was cleared and vacated.

You spun round to face Loki and hugged him tightly but gentle enough not to hurt him. He was shaking and hurt. He whined slightly and tried to shuffle further into the corner. You sighed heavily and gently pet down his longer, slightly wavy hair.

He leant into your touch for a moment before flinching back "Loki... im not going to hurt you my love. It's just me... my dear prince... your safe now." You reassured him through whispers and he leaned so far into your touch and hold, needing the comfort you were giving him and could give him. "Shhh, it's okay..." you said softly and lifted him up out of the corner, thanking the Norns for your pure strength

You settled Loki in your lap on the only bed without tons of blood on it. Your hand slowly trailed down to his side, seeing a massive gaping wound. He wasn't going to hold out for much longer. It was a miracle he'd managed it for this long though you supposed he must have used a bit of ice to slow down the bleeding.   

"This might sting a moment princeling" you warned and slowly dragged your hand over the wound, using magic to seal it up like a zip, your hand leaving the scar line in its wake. Loki cried out in pain and you pet his hair with your free hand, his face buried in the crook of your neck. "I know... im nearly done, I promise. Your gonna be okay..." you whispered.

As soon as it was done you used magic to summon a bowl of warm soapy water and some gentle towels, slowly cleaning the blood off of Lokis sides, hands, arms and chest. You could feel him slowly relaxing against you, his body slowly getting heavier as he did so.

You wrapped your wings around you both like a big fluffy blanket and gently sung a few of Lokis favorite songs while his face stayed tucked into your neck, breathing in your warm, safe scent. You felt a sudden chill against you and realised Loki was crying, hiding it with your help.

"I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry... I didn't mean to- Thor probably hates me now... mother probably hates me- you must hate me!" He near wailed, only staying just in the side of sad whispering but keeping his voice down

You hummed slightly to show your confusion but didn't stop the singing, knowing it was soothing Loki and helping him relax. He curled tighter under your wing blanket and started crying and shaking again.