11. {𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝙴𝙿 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙳, 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝚂𝚃𝙴𝙿𝚂 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺!}

Target: 200 comments and votes.

'Tum mere paas hoge, gham badi dur hoga!
Kehta hai jiya mera, hoga zarur hoga!'
~Saiyaan dil mein aana re

'Tum mere paas hoge, gham badi dur hoga! Kehta hai jiya mera, hoga zarur hoga!'~Saiyaan dil mein aana re

A/n: More than five thousands words so I hope the delay is compensated 🥺

"Aru, will you fucking stop staring at those flowers like a lunatic and come here?"
I flinched at my spot at the loud voice and guess who it was. YES, KAIRA KAMINI KHANNA.

"Kaira, language!"
My Chachi dearest reprimanded her like she rightly deserves but would that do any good? No. Kaira gasped at Chachi like the dramatic bitch she is and said

"Seriously, aunty? She's been staring at those lifeless flowers from past half an hour. From the moment her pati parmeshvar has sent it and she is not ready to acknowledge our presence but you're scolding me?"
Chachi looked at me with a small smile on her face making me look down with redness creeping up my cheeks.

Why am I friends with Kaira, again?

"Not everyone's allergic to love and affectionate gestures, babe!"
Preet gave an indirect taunt to Kaira and the girl just rolled her eyes, showing her tongue because that's really a mature thing to do.

"Yeah whatever! It's her engagement that's taking place tomorrow. If she's done cooing the damn flowers than ask her which decoration idea she wants to go with. I sent her three reference pictures yesterday and ma'am is yet to reply!"
She talked as if I wasn't standing right there which again is one of her dramatic traits.

"I liked the second option so we can go with that, PREET!"
I purposely took Preet's name, actually screamed it because was I any less dramatic? Nah!

"It's still beyond my understanding how a sweetheart like Preet got you two devils as her best friend! Poor girl deserves so much better!"
My and Kaira's jaw touched the ground at chachi's comment while Preet simply shook her head with a smile like the goody two shoes that she was but then this wasn't the first time my Chachi passed her unpopular opinion so it wasn't a big deal. Kaira however started giving her two cents, getting into a debate with Chachi dearest while I sipped my now cold bournvita happily.

Tomorrow was the D day. It's my engagement tomorrow and the only thing keeping me sane was the fact that it wasn't going to be anything big. The event was supposed to take place in our back garden and it will be a really really intimate affair and I was all in for it. There was a lot of hustle bustle at home but it also wasn't anything crazy because we don't have too many relatives to invite. My paternal grandparents passed away even before I was born while distant acquaintances were better off where they were. And we weren't close with my mom's side of family. Ma was a single child and she wasn't close with any of her cousins as well. Nana and nani left us a few years back.

I rubbed a hand over the left side of my chest to ease out the building ache I felt there and took deep breaths. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

One thing I wasn't really looking forward to was facing my chachi's side of relatives. Chachi had an older sister who she was close with and she was invited with her family for the engagement. They'll be coming here tomorrow itself from Chandigarh where they reside. And let me tell you, as sweet as my Chachi is, her sister and her sister's daughter were a literal pain in the ass. Hell! I don't want to think about that right now.