Thirty Two

third pov :: park sunghoon and baek eunju

A tired sigh escaped past Park Sunghoon's lips as he walked down the school corridor, clad in his Basketball jersey and shorts; sweat clinging to the sides of his face.

Break had just ended and to say Sunghoon was desperate for something to drink would be an understatement.

Him and his teammates had been training all morning for the upcoming Basketball game, and it was now time for their break.

The boys eyes spotted the metal water fountain and without another thought, he rushed over and leaned forward so that when the cold water would sprout out, it would land in his mouth and not on his clothes.

Once he was finished, and felt hydrated enough, Sunghoon stood up straight and wiped the droplets from his mouth.

"Sunghoon," He heard Niki yell out to him from the gym doors. "Come on. Coach Kim is starting a game."

Nodding his head in understanding, Sunghoon stepped forward and went to break out into a jog so that he'd get to the game on time, but before he did, he came to a halt.

The sound of someone sniffling as if they'd just been crying was heard and he looked around with creased brows.

Immediately, his eyes landed on Baek Eunju, who was exiting the girls bathroom whilst wiping her eyes.

Worry filled the boys chest and his eyes softened at the sight of her damp cheeks.

She'd been crying?

"Eunju?" Sunghoon softly called out, walking over to her.

The girl looked up from the floor and stopped in her tracks once hearing the boys voice.

"Are you okay?" The Park boy questioned, looking her up and down to make sure she wasn't injured anywhere. "What happened? Why are you crying?"

As Sunghoon raised his hand to wipe away a stray tear out of instinct, Eunju took a step back, shaking her head slightly, preventing him from touching her.

"Why do you care, Sunghoon?" She scoffed, her voice raspy, making it obvious she had been crying for quite some time.

"What do you mean? I'll always care." Sunghoon furrowed his brows in confusion. Of course he was going to care for her. He loved her.

"You didn't care before when you made me cry, so why now?"

The memories of the night when she caught him kissing Heejin flooded into his mind and he let out a sigh of regret and he reached forward and gently grabbed her warm hand.