Beach Day

(Side note: I apologize for the huge delay! I've been working at a new job to pay off any backed up bills, and it leaves me mentally and physically exhausted. I will try even harder to get this story back on track. Thank you all for being so patient! 💜)
All the kids and Y/N were so excited to finally go to the sunny beach for a field trip! After getting permission from all the parents who are also chaperoning, she helps the little ones set up their beach bags, snacks, sunscreen, and floaties. When they got on the bus, they got buckled in and were on their way. To pass the time, everyone sang nursery rhymes over and over until they saw the great big blue outside the windows. They soon stop at the parking lot and feel the cool salty breeze in the air. "Okay, my munchkins. Let's head to the sand but stay close to me. We need to place on sunscreen before getting in the water and playing." Y/N says while holding little Wally in her arms. Everyone placed on their shoes and head closer to the water and the chaperones helped her place on sunscreen for each one of them. Y/N placed the sunscreen on Wally's face, arms, and legs but he put on a fuss. "Wally, honey, this is for your own good. Please, stand still." She says before she finally finishes. The parents take their kids closer to the water while Y/N stayed on the sand to play with the baby. She brought out his sand toys and a bucket of water to enjoy. She places on sunscreen herself and lays back to get a tan or at least attempt. She takes in the sunlight and gentle breeze, relaxing at this moment before Wally fussed and tugged at her shirt. "Oh, are you hungry?" Y/N says gently picking him up and placing him on her lap to feed him a applesauce pouch and some cut fruit that his father made for lunch. Everyone then joined in after swimming in the water for a period of time, enjoying fruits and juices to cool down on a warm day like this. After 20 minutes or so passes, Y/N holds Wally and takes him closer to the water for him to feel. "Look, Wally! It's the ocean!" She says sweetly as she slowly dips his feet in the water. He squeals in shock and clings onto her since he was scared. "It's okay, it's okay. It won't hurt you." She comforts him before sitting down at the very shallow area and held him. The waves gently hit us and he slowly gets used to it. All the kids were enjoying this moment: making sandcastles, collecting shells, swimming, or running around playing tag. When it was sunset, it was time to head on home. The little ones were all tuckered out as they ride the bus home. Another successful day for the Welcome Home daycare crew!