\\ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞//

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jake scrambles to recover his spear while Nate finally rises to sit on his haunches. He watches the new arrival kneel beside a dying wolf. Its cries are pitiful. It paws the air, trying to raise its head. She pulls her knife from its chest.

~𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳.~ She prays in Na'vi before she cuts its throat, ending the pitiful cries.

Nate watches silently as she touches its head gently, regarding it with sadness. The Na'vi woman wipes the knife and returns it to the sheath at her waist. She crosses to another slain wolf and kneels, pulling the arrow from its heart. Nate breathes calmly as he watches, turning his head when Jake walks toward the Na'vi. 

"Look, um~ I know you probably don't, understand this but..." 

"Thank you." He speaks. 

"We owe you." He continues. 

Nate sees the woman ignoring them, assuming a prayer posture over the dead animal.

~𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦. 𝘔𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳~ 

"We would have been screwed if you hadn't come along," Jake chuckled. 

She rises and walks away without looking at the two Avatars

"Hey, wait. Wait! Where you goin'?" He stands to chase after her. 

"Jake!" Nate scrambles to his feet, following. 

Jake crashes through some plants, catching up to the woman. 

"Slow down a second, will you. I just want to thank you for killing those things~" He makes the mistake of grasping her shoulder and Whack! She wallops him upside the head with her bow in a fierce backhand swing, laying him out flat. 

"Jake!" Nate crouched down beside him, placing his hand on his shoulder as they both looked up at the Na'vi. 

They look up to see a fury standing over them. A fury who speaks English, accented, halting, angry English.

"Don't thank!" She hissed. 

"You don't thank for this... This is sad. Very sad, only!" She lectured. 

"Okay, I'm sorry. Whatever I did I'm sorry." Jake apologized. 

She gestures at the bodies of the viperwolves. 

"All this is your fault! They did not need to die." The woman paced angrily. 

"Our fault? They attacked us, how're we the bad guys~" She silences Jake with the tip of her bow at his throat.

"Your fault! YOUR... FAULT... You are like babies, making noise, don't know what to do..." She sneered. 

"You should not come here, all of you! You only come and make problems. Only!" She sheathed, turning to walk away. 

Jake gets up, slowly, facing her while Nate too slowly rises to his feet. 

"Okay, fine... You love your little forest friends. So why not just let them kill our ass? What's the thinking?" Jake asks accusingly. 

"Why save you?" The young woman asks looking away.

Finally, reluctantly, her eyes meet Jake's, shifting to Nate before back to Jake for the first time. A riveting gaze with those big gold orbs.