\\ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟//

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They grab Jake and haul Nate to his feet. Encircled by spears and bows, the two Avatars are shoved forward along the trail, as Tsu'tey and the others ride ahead. 

Hauled roughly through the glowing forest, the two marines and ushered over roots and toward the Na'vi's village, which is sheltered inside one of the Greatest Trees. 

"Oh my God..." Nate muttered as he stared up at the great tree.

"Hometree..." He smiled to himself before the young hunter holding him shoved him forward.

Hometree is 250 meters tall, with a trunk four times the diameter of the largest Sequoia tree, and a base of massive mangrove pillars. Tsu'Tey, rides inside the columns at the base of Hometree, shouting an ululating warning. This alerted all the relaxing Na'vi that the hunting party was coming in and to get out of the way so they wouldn't be flattened. Nate and Jake are force-marched through the pillars into the large open space within the column. An open common area. The villagers gather to see the arriving hunt party. The people of the tribe, mothers with babies, old Na'vi, and young hunters, gawk at the two aliens, expressions ranging from curiosity to outright hostility. The huge eyes of the children follow Jake and Nate. Jake is amazed at the size of Hometree's inside. By the light of the cook fires, Jake and Nate can see up into a vast cylindrical gallery, a living cathedral if you will.

Clear membranes of Sturmbeest bladders filled with fluttering bio-luminescent insects, act as area lighting. The central space is dominated by the skull of some enormous creature, mounted with much embellishment on a totem. Standing in front of this, awaiting their approach, is a tall muscular male Na'vi. Nate recognized him from all the research and files he had to study once entered the Avatar program. Eytukan, the Clan Leader. Eytukan has deeply chiseled features and a long chest mantle of Thanator claws. His normally stern features are clouded further by anger.

~𝘙𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮.~ Nate turned his eyes to the young female Na'vi who had earlier that evening rescued Jake and himself.

Neytiri, the Clan leader's daughter. She is lithe as a cat, with a long neck, muscular shoulders, and nubile breasts. And she is devastatingly beautiful, for a girl with blue skin and a tail. In human years, she would be 18 years of age. Neytiri pulled Jake by his forearm toward her father, one of the young male hunters pushing Nate's shoulder to force him to follow. Pausing in front of the older Na'vi, Neytiri releases Jake and steps toward her father.

~𝘍𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳... 𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶,~ She greets him, shifting her bow from her left hand to her right as she puts her slim four fingers to her forehead and pushes them out to her father.

Nate watches with bated breath as Eytukan ignores his daughter's greeting and moves around her, instead, focusing on himself and Jake, circling them with judging eyes.

~𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦?~ Eytukan asks in Na'vi.

~𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘌𝘺𝘸𝘢~ Neytiri spoke, but her father interjected.

~𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥! 𝘕𝘰 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦!~ Eytukan lectures, his voice echoing, bouncing off the tree columns.