𝐢𝐢𝐢: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

AURILENA STERLE:

AURILENA STERLE:

* ˚ ✦

Aurilena sat at her desk in the office closest to her quarters, hunched over a pile of papers as she tried to focus on the work she needed to have get done soon. However, focusing was not easy. Feyre's presence was...complicated, and made her think of all the problems she would be forced to deal with. Especially since no one else would.

That was how things had been working for the last almost fourth-nine years. Tamlin got to reap the benefits of all of her hard work without having to do anything. It was wrong and hypocritical, but it wasn't anything that had not been done by others before them. Fortunately for the Spring Court, Aurilena knew what she was doing and did her job incredibly well. There was also the fact that Tamlin paid her to do it correctly. Aurilena received fourty-five percent of all the money made by the Spring Court, while Tamlin only got twenty. The only downside of her being from another court was that the Spring Court had to give the Lord of the Night Court a percentage of all profit, thirty-five to be exact, something Tamlin did not like, but was forced to deal with if he wanted to not have to actually do any work.

A knock at the door snapped Aurilena out of her thoughts and she set her pen down as she told the person on the other side of the door to enter. Much to her surprise, Alis entered the room. They had never had a formal conversation so the fact that she was in her office, visiting her, was unnerving slightly. "What may I assist you with, Alis?" Aurilena asked politely.

"Yes, my lady. I'm here to report on our mortal guest." Alis explained, making Aurilena's eye widen slightly.

"Oh yes, of course!" She said a bit too excitedly. 'Stupid, stop being so eager.' She scolded herself. "Please sit and we will discuss this." Aurilena gestured to the seat across from her and Alis sat down hesitantly. "Thank you for coming to me with this, while I love Tamlin, he is not the best strategist." She laughed softly, hoping to ease the tension between the two of them, but Alia's lips did not even quirk. "I see..." Aurilena said awkwardly before smiling softly. "What is it you wish to tell me?"

"I brought the mortal girl her breakfast and was surprised by a trap, she destroyed some very nice curtains, and asked me about what lived beyond here, in the woods." Alis explained, eyeing her as she waited for a response as Aurilena tried to comprehend what had just been told to her.

"That is...unfortunate, about the curtains, I will take care of that and the...other thing." Aurilena's voice was shaky as she spoke and she clenched her fist in frustration before unleashing it. "You may go now." She dismissed with a wave and smile, and Alis did not wait a second before leaving quickly.

Aurilena stared at her retreating figure and only once the door was closed did she sigh worriedly. Things weren't going the way they were supposed to and it aggravated her. Aurilena stood out of her seat as she rushed to the alcohol stand in her room. She did not usually enjoy alcohol, but the recent events were bringing up past feelings she had tried to keep buried deep inside, feelings about fire and her family, feelings about Amarantha and what she took from her. Aurilena cleared her throat as she pulled her white silk nightgown away from her body, trying to find a way to ease her uncomfortableness. It was hot, too hot to where she felt like she was burning up, and she could barely breathe.