Ch 1 Mocking

Nick and Clay where sitting in their living room trying to figure out how to build a desk for George.
"I feel like it's ironic how rich we are, yet we can't figure out how to bild a desk" Nick said, pulling peases out if the large box.

"We may have money, but we're not lazy" Clay responded. He looked at the instructions a little bit confused.
"George is." Nick continued to rant on,"I mean, why are WE doing this. It's HIS desk"
"Cuz'" His friend replied trying to read the oversized paper in 3 different languages.
"Cuz' what?" Nick pride in, wanting conversation.

"He's sick, and I thought he would be to tired to do it any time soon." Clay responded in a careing tone as he unboxed the rest of the desk. Nick look at him confusingly. He turned towards his friend to hand him sone scores. When he saw Nick's confused face.
"What" Clay slowly said.

"What are you? His dAd?" Nick said in a mocking tone. Clay rolled his eyes and continued on George's desk. A few hours later the boys finished the desk and brought it into George's office.

The next morning, and Clay was vacuuming the living room. George was laying on the couch trying to stay awake. George was sniffing and coughing a lot. Clay stoped vacuuming, leaving it in place.

He came back a few minute later with meds accompanied by water in one hand, and a tissue box in the other. Clay walked over to George on the couch.
"Here, take these George" Clay handed the water and meds to George. He took the meds and held the water. Clay put the tissues box on the coffee table in front of him.

Nick ran down the stairs, walking going the living room, while looking at his phone. Without look up, Clay cautioned his friend,
"Don't trip on the vacuum cord!" He slitely yelled over the noise. But he still counted to clean.
"Thanks for looking out for us, mOoM" Nick said laughing at his friend. Clay still didn't find it funny.

Later in the week, Clay was making dinner. He decided that chicken soup would be the best for George. Nick was sat at the table as Clay set it.

George comes in and went over twords stove, to see the food.
Clay cautioned, "Careful, the stove is hot."
George giggled at him,
"lol, ok mOm"
Clay looked a little confused at him. He was just trying to look out for his friend. He just didn't want them to get hurt. Clay though of himself as a little protective, but not as the mom friend.

-----

Those where a few acoustic whare they was mocking Clay. But for weeks Nick and sometimes George would point out when he was acting like the "mom friend". It was all very frustrating for him.

One night, Clay was laying awake in bed thinking. Was he really that much of a mom friend? The only thing he has taken care of like a child, was patches. And even then it wasn't that much work. As Clay's overwhelming thoughts where all over the place. Until he asked himself a big question.

"Could I, be a parent?"

When he said it out loud it sounded weird. Although he kept thinking about. 'If I even had a child I would probably spoil them'. 'Would it be better for to have a boy or girl. Or does it not matter'.'How would I have a kid? I'm not dating anyone. Yet.' 'should I just wait till marriage? Will I get married?' Clay thoughts overwhelmed his mind. He tost and turned trying to sleep. But he couldn't stop thinking about a kid of his own. At that point, using his brain was annoying him.