Midnight Lullibies

⚠️THEY ARE JUST BESTIES!!!⚠️

Cash sighs as he sits up in his bed, he just couldn't sleep tonight. He gets out of bed, and decides to take a walk. He steps outside, it was pitch black out. He smiles softly as he looks up at the night sky that was lightly dusted with brightly lit stars. He looks around, and notices someone near the pond in front of Shady's tree house. He walks over, and sits down next to them, "Shady?" The yellow boy looks over at the him with tears in his eyes. Cash frowns, "Are you okay?"
Shady looks down at the pond, "I'm fine... I just had a stupid nightmare..."
"I can help you go back to sleep if you want?" Shady nods as Cash scoots next to him, and lays Shady's head on his lap. He softly smiles down at him before singing.
"Days seem sometimes as if they'll never end. Sun digs its heels to taunt~ you." Shady looks up at him, and a faint smiles appears on his lips. "But after sunlit days... one thing stays the same..." Cash looks up at the night sky with calmness. "Rises the moon~" Shady closes his eyes as he listens to the lullaby, "Days fade into a watercolor blur. Memories swim and haunt~ you, but look into the lake, shimmering like smoke," The moonlight glows onto the pond, casting a soft glow onto the two boys. "Rises the moon~" Shady hums to the singing as he watches the stars twinkle, and blink. "Oh-Oh~ close your weary eyes~ I promise you that soon the Autumn comes to darken fading Summer skies~ Breathe, breathe, breathe~" Cash starts humming along with Shady before singing again, "Days pull you down just like a sinking ship. Floating is getting harder~" Cash smiles down sadly at him. "But tread the water child, and know that meanwhile, Rises the moon~" Cash combs his hand through Shady's ash brown hair, "Days pull you up just like a Daffodil~ Uprooted from its garden~ They"ll tell you what you owe, but know even so, Rises the moon~" Shady smiles at Cash as he holds the hand that's not combing through his hair. "You'll be visited by sleep~ I promise you that soon the Autumn comes to steal~ away each dream you keep~" Shady slowly closes his eyes as Cash sadly hugs him, "Breathe Breathe, Breathe...~"

Shady blinks as he comes back to reality. He slowly looks up at the night sky, tearing slowly dropping onto himself as he hugs his knees into chest, and cries into them.

"I miss you so so much, Cash..." The image of Cash falling into the lava pool as they were all mining flashes in his mind. "It's been a month already, so why haven't you respawned yet...?"