Thirty Three

third pov :: baek eunju

It was summer, meaning the yellow sun was supposed to be shining and giving everyone tans. People were supposed to be spending their time in shorts and short sleeved tops and applying sun cream every now and then — The sun wasn't meant to be hiding behind the grey clouds and reflecting Baek Eunju's emotions.

However, it was, and a pitiful huff escaped the girls lips as the cold water droplets rained down onto her skin — Soaking her school uniform.

Of course it had to rain. The day her mood seemed to feel lower than ever. The day her menstrual cycle happened to come about. The day Min Heejin rubbed in the fact she and Sunghoon were no longer together the most.

A shaky breath escaped Eunju's lips as she took a step forward to begin her journey home — Yet, before she could get far, the rain that was once splashing heavily down onto her head, disappeared.

Confusion caused her brows to furrow and she looked up from the floor and up at the sky; puzzled as to why she could no longer feel the rain.

Her questions were answered once she saw the black umbrella hovering above her head.

A source of hope sprouted in Eunju's chest, as a small smile appeared on her pink lips whilst her eyes moved away from the umbrella and over to the person that had saved her from getting any more wet.

Instantly, she felt her breathing hitch with shock as her eyes met a pair of brown ones.

Did he not have Basketball practice?

Why was he outside in the rain, risking his health?

"Heeseung...?" Eunju said just above a whisper and the taller boy beside her sent her a proud smile. "What're you doing? Why are you outside? What if you catch a cold? You won't be able to play in the game on Saturday."

Heeseung chuckled at the girls questions and he stuffed a hand in his pocket and shrugged.

"Practice finished early." He answered. "And I saw you out here getting soaked and I thought you could do with an umbrella." Heeseung explained and Eunju tightened her grip on her backpack as a shiver ran through her body.

"Oh..." She softly spoke and looked away from him slightly, as she began to get back to reality, and realize that she more than likely, looked like a drowned rat — especially with her fringe that was beginning to cling to her forehead. "Well, thank you. I appreciate it."

Heeseung shrugged yet again. "I'll walk you home — Can't risk you getting ill." He chuckled and the two soon began walking in silence once Eunju nodded in agreement.