Chapter 11

Emmi's POV:
"Gavin what happened?"

He had bruises all over him, and a black eye! He was missing a tooth, blood dripped from his forehead, but wait was he drunk?

No! This can't be! He couldn't be in a fight! And even worse, he was forbidden to drink alcohol.

"I'm fi..ine E..mmi..i!" His voice slurred.

"Mom! Gavin's dr..." My mouth was covered by Gavin's hand.

"Shut u..up! Mom ca..an't find out!" Gavin whisper yelled.

"Gavin, she needs to know, and you need help!"

"What..ev..ever!"

Later That Day
Gavin was grounded for a month, and I was grounded for a week for not resting. Stupid right?

Anyways, Mom told me that I had received a letter in the mail, and that she really wants me to see it. I opened it up, and guess what it was? It was a letter from a modeling and acting agency! They said they wanted me to be their new model. I was going to be on commercials, billboards, magazines, and possibly a movie or tv show! I had to accept. This was going to be my ticket out.

Not everyday you get an opportunity like this. However, there was a catch to this. I would have to move to Hawaii if I was going to accept this. I'd be fine if this was in California, but Hawaii? Really?

After dinner, I thought about the agency a bit more, but was interrupted by a phone call.

"Emmi! Can you get the phone?" Mom asked.

"Sure!"

"Hello?" I asked.

"Emmi, can I speak with your mother?" It was Dad. Of course it had to be him.

"Yeah. Just a second." I told Mom that it was for her, not saying who it was.

Minutes went by while my parents were talking. Tears started forming around Mom's eyes. What was happening? The only thing I could hear from the phone was the name Brooklyn. Wait? Is Brooklyn dead? Why would Mom care though? All of a sudden, I heard the words Avia and hospital. No! No! Noo! This can't be happening. What did I do to deserve all of this? Am I that bad of a child? Suddenly, a single tear rolled down my cheek. I want Avia here with me. She's not only my sister, but she's also my best friend.

I need to go and see her. Now.