Chapter 5 - You Can Only Choose One

Analia's POV

There's been tension with the guys for the last week and I've worked out that I'm the only one who's still being shut out from all the secrets.

"Okay, I'm tired of all of this secret keeping!" I blurted out as we were all sitting in awkward silence at our table. They all just looked at me, not knowing what to say.

"What do you mean?" Rian asked.

"Cut the crap, I'm not stupid, this isn't like you guys to sit around not talking, it's actually quite uncomfortable." I don't know what's up but I deserve to know, too.

"Nothing's wrong," Alex grumbled.

"Like I believe that, do I look like I have stupid written on my forehead?" I asked sarcastically. "Please, it's driving me insane that you all know something that I don't."

"Stop!" Alex suddenly shouted. "Just stop asking fucking questions and leave us alone, nothing's wrong so stop!" He looked so angry and pissed off, I just bowed my head and stayed quiet, now there definitely was an awkward silence for all of us. "I'm done," he said and walked off. I felt tears brim my eyes, what have I done wrong?

"Do all of you think that?" I asked, I didn't want to be an unwelcome burden to them.

"No.. Alex has just got a lot on his mind right now, don't take what he said to heart, he's just in one of those moods." Jack explained.

"So again, I have to put up with being his punch bag when he's angry and upset?" I can't believe they would think that was okay.

"No, it's just that this is something he needs to sort out for himself and he's not coping well.. he's acting different." Why can't they just tell me what's wrong?

"I'm going to go talk to him," I said, wanting answers and I'm not going to leave him alone until I do.

"That's not a goo-"

"I don't care!" I shouted. "I'm sick of being left out with everything and I deserve to know." So I stood up and quickly fled the cafeteria to find where Alex went.

I couldn't find him until I saw him sat on the ground with his back against the wall behind the school building, I remember Jack said he liked to go there when he was stressed.

Alex didn't notice me until my shoulder touched his as I sat down next to him, I didn't want to sit on the grubby ground but I knew I had to.

"What are you doing here?" He sighed as he just kept looking forward at the green field that was in front of us.

"I want to talk you," I said.

"About what?" He asked but he knew exactly what I was going to ask.

"Alex, please," I sighed. "I'm being shut in the dark with everything and I'm sick of it." Alex let out a huge sigh and put his head in his hands.

"Ana, this isn't the time for this!" He said wanting to stand up but I pulled him back down.

"No, you can't have a hissy fit and shout at me whenever someone asks questions you don't feel comfortable answering, you're going to have to one day and that's now!"

"Dammit Ana, I like you, okay?" He shouted and let out a low growl.

"I like you too but what's that got to do with anything?" I asked. Alex just sighed heavily.

"No, I mean I really like you, more than friends," he explained and I just sat there in shock, he likes me, more than a friend? Alex Gaskarth, the popular manwhore who's always an asshole to me, actually likes me? I didn't understand.